Sign in to follow this  
CTMagicUK

2023 NBA Playoffs Thread

Milwaukee was on its way to lose game 1 even with Giannis, and then lost 2 more with Giannis playing the entire game. No excuses, Bud probably gets fired.

Bucks vs Heat turning out to be quite a rivalry.

Giannis shooting like 17/19 FT in a clutch Finals game and then 10/23 in this do or die game just shows how chaotic this sport is

Giannis is a great guy and maybe the easiest one to root for in all sports. Even if I might disagree with his take, the way he handles this question is super respectful.

So we can take Bud? :P

It's hard cause Miami is our rival team, but how many times I've been envious of their result, and about what their managament is always able to build with little known players out of nowhere..

23 minutes ago, Luke_FfS said:

It's hard cause Miami is our rival team, but how many times I've been envious of they result, and about what their managament is always able to build with little known players out of nowhere..

Either their scouting team is ridiculously good, or (as a Magic/Celtics fan it hurts to say this) Pat Riley is a really good GM. 

It’s not that the Bucks lost but how they lost that makes Bud a goner. Awful game management and time out usage. Down 2 in OT and Grayson Allen dribbles the freakin clock out. Nurse to the Bucks. we should all put $$$ on it

6 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

It’s not that the Bucks lost but how they lost that makes Bud a goner. Awful game management and time out usage. Down 2 in OT and Grayson Allen dribbles the freakin clock out. Nurse to the Bucks. we should all put $$$ on it

It was very obvious he couldn’t make adjustments. I’ve never been a Bud fan especially on offense. 

16 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

Desmond Bane is the next hidden star. We should throw a max at him next year. His percentages since he entered the league are superb.

Not for those arms 

On 4/27/2023 at 8:16 AM, Luke_FfS said:

So we can take Bud? :P

It's hard cause Miami is our rival team, but how many times I've been envious of their result, and about what their managament is always able to build with little known players out of nowhere..

This!!!! All these years after LeBron left. They have made some good decisions and some bad ones. However they do 3 things we didn't do for years. They try to move on from mistakes as quickly as possible. They get shooters,even if those guys are undrafted. They make adjustments,Duncan isn't hitting someone else goes in.Player can't guard a traffic cone? Gone.

Bane would have been a good get, but they will match whatever. Brogdon has been sneaky good in Boston, wish we could have gotten him. Maybe they feel the money crunch re-signing Brown and try to slim down the payroll, but i can't see them not running this same team back one more year. 

Edit. After thinking about it a team like Boston could potentially want to add youth and save money. Let's say they love a player we could get or do get at 11.

We are one of a handful of teams that can absorb salary without sending back matching salary, so rookie for vet is possible for us and makes sense. In fact i would guess they trade one of White or Brogdon this summer to save money.

Unless the Grizz plan to carry a huge payroll, I’m not sold they’ll give Bane the max. They’ve already committed crazy money to Morant and JJJ.

51 minutes ago, hootie249 said:

This!!!! All these years after LeBron left. They have made some good decisions and some bad ones. However they do 3 things we didn't do for years. They try to move on from mistakes as quickly as possible. They get shooters,even if those guys are undrafted. They make adjustments,Duncan isn't hitting someone else goes in.Player can't guard a traffic cone? Gone.

Exactly. That's why I always point out the (very) long "evaluation" time that this FO gave to the Vuc-Fournier core, and the inactivity that they sometimes show in key dates. Maybe they'll be right and probably I'm wrong, but I would definitely love to see more activity in all fronts, coaches included.

• Upvote 1