Soul Bro

2022-2023 Draft Thread

40 minutes ago, TreyMachine said:

Do we have any players that make sense to trade?  I have to imagine a package of Pick #6, a Future 1st, Cole Anthony, and Bol Bol or something might get you the #2 pick. My assumption is in those negotiations they're going to hold out for Franz, Wendell, or Paolo though, which they won't get. 

I’d be shocked if Bol was on our team next year. We should’ve sold high at the deadline IMO, but I also don’t think he’s a needle mover for getting any trades to the finish line. More of a throw in 

44 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

On the Lillard stuff, I think it’s more likely the Blazers trade Dame than build around him. 

On the Magic, the more I think about it, if it doesn’t cost us trading 11, just pick 6 and 2nds or protected future 1sts, I could see us swinging for Scoot.

If they trade Dame (i’d probably do that if i’m Portland) i’d trade the 3rd to Orlando for 6 and 11 and probably Cole Anthony..

The could then also get a huge package from another team (probably Houston) for Dame..

The could end up with 4,6, 11 in a good draft with additional young pieces (maybe J. Green or Smith and future picks of course) 

They’d rebuild in no time.. or the trade Simons for 6 and 11

they got big options and opportunities to rebuild that squad in just 1-2 off seasons

30 minutes ago, orlandoholic said:

If they trade Dame (i’d probably do that if i’m Portland) i’d trade the 3rd to Orlando for 6 and 11 and probably Cole Anthony..

The could then also get a huge package from another team (probably Houston) for Dame..

The could end up with 4,6, 11 in a good draft with additional young pieces (maybe J. Green or Smith and future picks of course) 

They’d rebuild in no time.. or the trade Simons for 6 and 11

they got big options and opportunities to rebuild that squad in just 1-2 off seasons

Gotta imagine if the Blazers go full rebuild, they’re keeping Simons. Also, that’s way too pricey for him from our side

20 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Gotta imagine if the Blazers go full rebuild, they’re keeping Simons. Also, that’s way too pricey for him from our side

Simins is on the verge of being an All Star. He’s young and has a good contract.. 

6 and 11 is not too pricey imo!

3 minutes ago, orlandoholic said:

Simins is on the verge of being an All Star. He’s young and has a good contract.. 

We have very different opinions of him.

2 minutes ago, orlandoholic said:

Agreed, he's a clear upgrade over the SGs on our roster right now and still young. People here are overvaluing our assets.

9 minutes ago, DestroidMengars said:

Agreed, he's a clear upgrade over the SGs on our roster right now and still young. People here are overvaluing our assets.

He was, at best, the third best player on a team that won less games than us. Scoring points =/= being a star.

We all watched 6 seasons of Evan Fournier right? 

• Upvote 1

What I said is, people here are overvaluing our assets. I wasn't making an argument for him being a star, I was making an argument for him being better than the trash SGs we currently have. We legitimately do not have a quality starting SG on this team right now. Simons is a quality starting caliber SG, not a big time star, but a clear upgrade over what we have. You pretty much need four firsts to even sniff a star player in a trade anymore. With that criterion, you don't think Simons is worth two? Seems about right to me.

1 hour ago, Albert Lergier said:

Jaylen Brown.....unrestricted free agent next year and 27 years old......hopefully we can land him for the 24-25 season and 4 more.

Yeah he is the next guy up that could make us a real contender. Bunch of red flags but on talent alone the best player and fit that could possibly be available.

It's as simple as him telling the Celtics he will not re-sign. 

Now what makes me sad is no player actually goes for free agency. What his people would do is tell the Celtics before this season and hope they can steer a trade to the right team.

Or pretend to be a good boy, sign the huge ridiculous extension and then wait the required time by league rules to request the trade again. The second option is what is ruining the league. Simply because you have send a haul of picks and players gutting your team to pay a guy 40-50 million a year.

In the old days Jaylen would simply play this next year and be a free agent. No player does this anymore. It's killing the league. I might want Beal or even better Lilliard but the trade and cost will kill your team. 

40 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

We have very different opinions of him.

I'm with you. Simons sucks on D, and that does not fit the team we are building. I'd rather develop through the draft than trade 2 1sts for him. How about something around 11 and a player that isn't part of our core?

55 minutes ago, hootie249 said:

Yeah he is the next guy up that could make us a real contender. Bunch of red flags but on talent alone the best player and fit that could possibly be available.

It's as simple as him telling the Celtics he will not re-sign. 

Now what makes me sad is no player actually goes for free agency. What his people would do is tell the Celtics before this season and hope they can steer a trade to the right team.

Or pretend to be a good boy, sign the huge ridiculous extension and then wait the required time by league rules to request the trade again. The second option is what is ruining the league. Simply because you have send a haul of picks and players gutting your team to pay a guy 40-50 million a year.

In the old days Jaylen would simply play this next year and be a free agent. No player does this anymore. It's killing the league. I might want Beal or even better Lilliard but the trade and cost will kill your team. 

Supply = Demand. 

Someone paid 4 firsts for KD and a similar package for Rudy Gobert. If someone wasn't willing to, the market would come down... but someone always is (and then inevitably gets fired 3 seasons later).

New luxury tax rules will change all of this and will help small market teams like us.