Soul Bro

2022-2023 Draft Thread

It wouldn’t surprise me if they reached slightly with each pick in the attempt to find the right pieces.  Not sure what that means for #11 but if they want Dick they’ll take Dick at #6 for example.  

10 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

We're not trading the picks. "We're going to build through the draft. Now the hard work starts." (Weltman):

https://twitter.com/khobi_price/status/1658649885623611394?s=20

Well that basically means we are going to just waste assets as we did at the deadline with Bamba. 

We simply don’t have the roster spots to add another 3 rookies this year.. So we probably gonna straight up cut players and/or get cash considerations for our (valuable) 2nd round pick.

4 minutes ago, Murphy13 said:

It wouldn’t surprise me if they reached slightly with each pick in the attempt to find the right pieces.  Not sure what that means for #11 but if they want Dick they’ll take Dick at #6 for example.  

I expect

6th pick Ausar/Cam Whitmore 

11th pick Dick/ Bufkin/George/ Lively

I want to note that i like Dick as a player. But i am also very high on Houstan and it would be awkward if Dick would play alongside Suggs in the second unit. I wouldn’t wanna be the commentary crew

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

interesting..

Pick 3 - Por

Pick 4 - Hou

Pick 10 - Dal

all seem available for win now talent. Unfortunately we can’t offer anything to them that could make them pull the trigger.. 

I also don’t see a lot of suitors around the league as well. Beal could be offered. If i’m the Wizards i’d do it. But Portland don’t need Beal, Houston looking to add Harden in FA, Dallas could be a fit but that’s not going to do it for a Beal trade.. 

Zion could be available!

Maybe even a dark horse like Embiid.. But other than that, i don’t see too many options, Houston or Portland could/should trade for.

Players like Randle could be traded but in no way i’d offer a Top 4 pick for Randle

On the Lillard stuff, I think it’s more likely the Blazers trade Dame than build around him. 

On the Magic, the more I think about it, if it doesn’t cost us trading 11, just pick 6 and 2nds or protected future 1sts, I could see us swinging for Scoot.

95% likely we stay where we are at 6 and 11. I would be shocked (SHOCKED) if we traded our picks, not because we don't want to, but because we have too many pieces that aren't compelling enough to move up or get a proven young disgruntled player

26 minutes ago, orlandoholic said:

I expect

6th pick Ausar/Cam Whitmore 

11th pick Dick/ Bufkin/George/ Lively

I want to note that i like Dick as a player. But i am also very high on Houstan and it would be awkward if Dick would play alongside Suggs in the second unit. I wouldn’t wanna be the commentary crew

Oh man, so much potential funny commentary. I’m surprised they’ve already updated the TOS language filter on the board. Was expecting to see a lot of people here excited to draft ****

2 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

On the Lillard stuff, I think it’s more likely the Blazers trade Dame than build around him. 

On the Magic, the more I think about it, if it doesn’t cost us trading 11, just pick 6 and 2nds or protected future 1sts, I could see us swinging for Scoot.

Do we have any players that make sense to trade?  I have to imagine a package of Pick #6, a Future 1st, Cole Anthony, and Bol Bol or something might get you the #2 pick. My assumption is in those negotiations they're going to hold out for Franz, Wendell, or Paolo though, which they won't get. 

https://www.on3.com/teams/kentucky-wildcats/news/cason-wallace-post-lottery-nba-mock-drafts-kentucky/
Here you go Soul …a couple of big writers have him to the Magic …most all of them have him right in that 11th pick area 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Agree that the Blazers can trade Dame in a blockbuster trade with multiple teams and get Ayton from Phoenix and a couple more players, picks and still draft Scoot.

1 hour ago, DestroidMengars said:

Question: who is the best, established shooting guard that you believe we could realistically get by packaging our picks?

Jaylen Brown.....unrestricted free agent next year and 27 years old......hopefully we can land him for the 24-25 season and 4 more.