Soul Bro

2022-2023 Draft Thread

Ant Black has got a YouTube series tracking his pre draft stuff and it confirms he worked out for the Magic. 

He also spent some time at IMG Academy in Florida during the pre draft which is only a couple hours outside of Orlando.

Givony saying we worked out every lotto prospect except Bufkin. Hmmm...

And I'm all in on the Smith Jr. or Vassell ideas. Let's go!

1 hour ago, Soul Bro said:

Givony saying we worked out every lotto prospect except Bufkin. Hmmm...

Bufkin apparently shut it down early and his reps have been pretty secretive. 

Also wouldn't surprise me if his team saw all our guards and were a bit unsure about being drafted here. 

But then again it wouldn't surprise me if this is just smoke.

I don’t see how we can add three rookies to what we have now.  Not sure what we’ll do to avoid that outcome (I see a fair amount of speculation we’ll trade our second rounder) but I strongly believe we’re going to do something.  Combining 6 and 11 to get something isn’t out of the question from my standpoint.  

28 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

I don’t see how we can add three rookies to what we have now.  Not sure what we’ll do to avoid that outcome (I see a fair amount of speculation we’ll trade our second rounder) but I strongly believe we’re going to do something.  Combining 6 and 11 to get something isn’t out of the question from my standpoint.  

I can see us trading #11 for a future 1st and a 2nd rounder. Something like that unless it's someone we really, really like - of which we'll then trade one of our young assets. 

40 minutes ago, TreyMachine said:

I can see us trading #11 for a future 1st and a 2nd rounder. Something like that unless it's someone we really, really like - of which we'll then trade one of our young assets. 

I can see it. But it make zero sense. To trade a lottery pick for a future 1st who knows where and a second,  of which we hardly use. This move would frustrate me to no end’s especially if Gradey, or any good shooting option is still available. 

• Upvote 3

54 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

I can see it. But it make zero sense. To trade a lottery pick for a future 1st who knows where and a second,  of which we hardly use. This move would frustrate me to no end’s especially if Gradey, or any good shooting option is still available. 

Oh - I'm right there with you. But we just don't have the minutes for two rookies - even good rookies - unless we move someone 

20 minutes ago, TreyMachine said:

Oh - I'm right there with you. But we just don't have the minutes for two rookies - even good rookies - unless we move someone 

We found minutes for Chuma, Bol, Admiral, Kevon, etc. and none of them should get minutes on a playoff team. Imo. So we should have zero problems finding minutes for two rookies. 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, JJZFL said:

We are at the point where we need to stop worrying about minutes for the guys that are too slow to develop and replace them with guys that might be game ready. We could easily do without Chuma, Bol, Admiral, Kevon, etc getting any minutes if we can play better players.

• Upvote 1

1. Victor Wembanyama

Pro comp: Kristaps Porzingis' size, Rudy Gobert's shot-blocking, Kevin Durant's wiggle

2. Scoot Henderson

Pro comp: Collin Sexton's competitiveness, Russell Westbrook's athleticism

3. Brandon Miller

Pro comp: Playmaking Jabari Smith Jr.

4. Amen Thompson

Pro comp: 99th percentile athlete version of Dejounte Murray

5. Cam Whitmore

Pro comp: Miles Bridges

6. Ausar Thompson

Pro comp: Andrew Wiggins

7. Jarace Walker

Pro comp: Thomas Bryant ... but better (much, much better)

8. Anthony Black

Pro comp: Shai Gilgeous-Alexander

This is no doubt an aspirational comparison for Black, who is still an unfinished product, but he has the defensive tools, playmaking and the long frame that remind of Gilgeous-Alexander in many aspects. If Black's jumper develops to league average, he will be an impactful connective tissue who starts for years to come

9. Taylor Hendricks

Pro comp: Jaden McDaniels

10. Gradey Dick

Pro comp: Kevin Huerter

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/nba-draft-2023-pro-comparisons-for-victor-wembanyama-scoot-henderson-and-other-top-prospects/amp/

6 minutes ago, ball junkie said:

1. Victor Wembanyama

Pro comp: Kristaps Porzingis' size, Rudy Gobert's shot-blocking, Kevin Durant's wiggle

2. Scoot Henderson

Pro comp: Collin Sexton's competitiveness, Russell Westbrook's athleticism

3. Brandon Miller

Pro comp: Playmaking Jabari Smith Jr.

4. Amen Thompson

Pro comp: 99th percentile athlete version of Dejounte Murray

5. Cam Whitmore

Pro comp: Miles Bridges

6. Ausar Thompson

Pro comp: Andrew Wiggins

7. Jarace Walker

Pro comp: Thomas Bryant ... but better (much, much better)

8. Anthony Black

Pro comp: Shai Gilgeous-Alexander

This is no doubt an aspirational comparison for Black, who is still an unfinished product, but he has the defensive tools, playmaking and the long frame that remind of Gilgeous-Alexander in many aspects. If Black's jumper develops to league average, he will be an impactful connective tissue who starts for years to come

9. Taylor Hendricks

Pro comp: Jaden McDaniels

10. Gradey Dick

Pro comp: Kevin Huerter

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/nba-draft-2023-pro-comparisons-for-victor-wembanyama-scoot-henderson-and-other-top-prospects/amp/

Does Ausar really have Wiggins's athleticism? That's a bananas comp if so.

3 hours ago, TreyMachine said:

Does Ausar really have Wiggins's athleticism? That's a bananas comp if so.

i like some of those pro comparisons. 

Ausar is absolutely as athletic as Wiggins. Probably even quicker. 

i don’t like Ant Blacks comparison though. He’s more Josh Giddey. He doesn’t have the scoring ability like SGA.

Scoots playmaking is underrated here. 

and i don’t agree with Jarace Walker’s comparison.. but other than that these are pretty spot on imo