Soul Bro

2022-2023 Draft Thread

4 hours ago, TreyMachine said:

I'm still of the opinion Charlotte trades Scoot + other assets for Zion. Charlotte needs a big to run with LaMelo. 

It doesn't have to be us...agree, but the Hornets have a good chance to add a few assets. We'll see what happens.

Nonetheless....picks 6 and 11 are not too shabby on this draft.

9 hours ago, Albert Lergier said:

I don't believe that the Hornets are going to pass on drafting Scoot and trading him for "a bunch" - which would be more than just drafting Miller.

If they have a FO that is smart, (IMHO), they should do what the Magic did back in 1993, draft Webber and trade him for Penny and 3 1st's.

In this case, for example, Scoot to the Magic for 6, 11 and Markelle.

for Scoot, i’d go 6 and 11 and add 2024 protected Top3 pick… 

that should and could do it. The Hornets would welcome 3 new young players and as the Hornets Ausar and Cam would be a better fit as well. they could possibly add a shooter at 11 as well.. 

imo The Hornets could be tempted to do this trade. No players involved too

3 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Bill Simmons believes Zion won't be in New Orleans after Thursday. Suggests to me he's getting traded for #2 or #3. 

yeah probably.. 

But imo. We’ve got the better offer for Charlotte if they are trying to build a sustainable team. 

it’s basically Zion

or

6 and 11 and possibly next years first.

if i’m Charlotte i prefer the Orlando package. I mean Melo got the ball a lot. But they also have that super athletic SF/PF in Bridges. 

With the 3 picks they can really add around that core

13 minutes ago, orlandoholic said:

yeah probably.. 

But imo. We’ve got the better offer for Charlotte if they are trying to build a sustainable team. 

it’s basically Zion

or

6 and 11 and possibly next years first.

if i’m Charlotte i prefer the Orlando package. I mean Melo got the ball a lot. But they also have that super athletic SF/PF in Bridges. 

With the 3 picks they can really add around that core

They might want Zion though. Whether or not they can get him healthy Zion is a name to sell tickets and stuff to casual fans and attract attention. 

13 hours ago, TreyMachine said:

I'm still of the opinion Charlotte trades Scoot + other assets for Zion. Charlotte needs a big to run with LaMelo. 

I’m going in a completely different direction. Charlotte picks Scoot, and trades Lamelo to Phoenix for Ayton. Possible a few other pieces to make the numbers work.

18 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

They might want Zion though. Whether or not they can get him healthy Zion is a name to sell tickets and stuff to casual fans and attract attention. 

could be a possible thought.. 

I just pointed out what i think.. 

I mean i like Zion and think he’s worth a trade. I just wouldn’t trade a top 3 pick in this years draft for him. 
Scoot is also a freak of nature and will attract fans.. 

But yeah i get it. Zion is a huge name.

33 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

I am gonna predict we trade for Zion!!

There is no world where we trade for Zion. If we do, I'll buy this entire board drinks at the next Magic game event we do. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jmmagicfan said:

I’m going in a completely different direction. Charlotte picks Scoot, and trades Lamelo to Phoenix for Ayton. Possible a few other pieces to make the numbers work.

Lamelo would annoy the hell out of Durant, Booker, AND Beal. Lamelo is the epitome of immaturity on and off the court. He would be helped by being around veterans as he has a lot of talent and could use some mature guidance, but you don't bring a risk like that into your locker room when you're trying to win a championship.