Soul Bro

2022-2023 Draft Thread

While ESPN insider Jonathan Givony believes the Blazers would be happy to keep the pick, The Athletic’s John Hollinger says otherwise, mentioning that the Blazers could package Anfernee Simons and the No. 3 pick to land an “elite” small forward.

There aren’t too many “elite” small forwards that make sense in a trade for Simons and No. 3, so it narrows down Portland’s search. Names that come to mind off the top of the head are DeMar DeRozan of the Chicago Bullsand Pascal Siakam of the Toronto Raptors, though the latter is more of a power forward.

Siakam’s teammate, OG Anunoby, also makes sense, but he wouldn’t be considered elite and likely wouldn’t warrant such a high price. If the offer was No. 3 and Simons for Anunoby, the Blazers should ask for more.

More than likely, if the Blazers were to make a trade for an “elite” small forward, it would likely result in a three-team trade or more. Perhaps if Portland could trade back with a team like the Orlando Magic, who holds the Nos. 6 & 11 picks, the Blazers could take those and trade for a player like Siakam, DeRozan or [insert player here.]

https://www.blazersedge.com/2023/5/19/23730626/nba-trade-rumors-portland-trail-blazers-seeking-to-deal-no-3-for-elite-sf

4 hours ago, Jason Funderburker said:

The question is is Brandon Miller better than 6 and 11?

i think so.. Could be the missing piece.. 

I mean, if you get Whitmore at 6 i probably wouldn’t do the trade, but he seems to go at 4 imo..

So it’s probably the question. Is B. Miller better than Ausar Thompson and Dick.. 

imo yes, we are a better team with B. Miller

9 hours ago, orlandoholic said:

i think so.. Could be the missing piece.. 

I mean, if you get Whitmore at 6 i probably wouldn’t do the trade, but he seems to go at 4 imo..

So it’s probably the question. Is B. Miller better than Ausar Thompson and Dick.. 

imo yes, we are a better team with B. Miller

Brandon Miller will not be there past number five. Too much upside, even if his interviews have been so-so and his out of shape presently. Detroit will not let him slide. 

14 hours ago, Jason Funderburker said:

The question is is Brandon Miller better than 6 and 11?

Pure basketball wise? Yes for me. However, he’d have to prove his character is solid.

1 hour ago, ball junkie said:

Vecenie throwing out the Orlando card in the Portland quandary …scroll to the 5 minute mark 

That was the dumbest thought process - suggesting we would offer 6, 11 and WCJ for the 3 if its Scoot...his caveat is saying that if "Orlando thought scoot was the PG of the future"