Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Magic at Jazz - Friday, January 13th @ 9:00 pm

1 minute ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Not gonna win many games where you get doubled up on the glass. We desperately need a real backup Center 

Good call …my son saying we got out rebounded 60 - 40 …on the flip side they shot 40 free throws and we shot 16

2 minutes ago, ball junkie said:

Good call …my son saying we got out rebounded 60 - 40 …on the flip side they shot 40 free throws and we shot 16

Yeah, it’s honestly impressive we kept it as close as we did with those massive discrepancies. Missed most of this one, were we fouling legitimately or was Utah getting some home cookin from the refs?

1 minute ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Yeah, it’s honestly impressive we kept it as close as we did with those massive discrepancies. Missed most of this one, were we fouling legitimately or was Utah getting some home cookin from the refs?

Thought a lot of our drives to the hoop should have been called …sure seemed like they got more calls when they did …my son saying we needed this one cause we got Denver on Sunday …I reminded him we went to Boston and won back to back games so never say never 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ball junkie said:

Thought a lot of our drives to the hoop should have been called …sure seemed like they got more calls when they did …my son saying we needed this one cause we got Denver on Sunday …I reminded him we went to Boston and won back to back games so never say never 

Magic Twitter certainly seems upset. Probably better for my blood pressure that I missed most of this one lol

Yeah, I’ll be at the game Sunday, pretty darn excited! Haven’t seen the boys play live since pre-Covid

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Magic Twitter certainly seems upset. Probably better for my blood pressure that I missed most of this one lol

Yeah, I’ll be at the game Sunday, pretty darn excited! Haven’t seen the boys play live since pre-Covid

What !?!? …you live in the Denver area ? That’s awesome …know you’ll get us some pics 

Just now, ball junkie said:

What !?!? …you live in the Denver area ? That’s awesome …know you’ll get us some pics 

Yessir! Been out here for about 5 years now. I try to go when the Magic are in town every year. Sunday will be the first of many for my 3 month old son. 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Natesroom said:

also bad shot selection by franz

Nate …he’s been nailing 3’s in the fourth quarter a lot …shooting over 50 percent …my son said the same thing …it might have been somewhat contested but I’m not against Franz shooting 3’s in the fourth quarter 

16 minutes ago, ball junkie said:

Nate …he’s been nailing 3’s in the fourth quarter a lot …shooting over 50 percent …my son said the same thing …it might have been somewhat contested but I’m not against Franz shooting 3’s in the fourth quarter 

I def wanted him to shoot it, but that was a bad shot choice.

40 FTs Vs 16 is a joke. 

But we still could have won this game, we were in it right until the end. 

Have legitimately no idea what Bamba is doing on that possession where Clarkson ultimately put the Jazz ahead with 30 seconds left. 

He's out at the 3 point line guarding Walker *****ing Kessler. A man who hasn't attempted a 3 pointer in his entire NBA career. 

If he's sagging deep to help in the paint he maybe contests that layup. Instead there's no help and an easy bucket. Baffling. 

Can only assume the call was to high hedge the pick and roll so he's up early to hedge an action  that never comes because Clarkson sees there's no help at the rim and just goes straight to it. 

Or maybe he thinks Wendell can help from the corner? Except Wendell is guarding Markannen who lifts and if he helps he gives their best player a wide open 3. 

It's honestly just baffling defense. 

Anyway it wasn't just that play. 

Bol Bol -19. Been the low guy on him since for ever. We wont do this but I'd honestly trade him while his value is high. There's no way he's a playoff calibre player. Playoff calibre players have the ability to play defense. 

Destroyed on the glass. Backup 5 a huge need but also we need our young guys getting to the glass. Paolo and Franz need to rebound better. Realistically them + WCJ is the starting frontcourt. WCJ pulled his weight but those other 2 guys need more than 9 rebounds between them. Franz in particular, for all he's genuinely brilliant at and he had a great game again, has the rebounding numbers of a 6'3 guard. Absolutely no reason why a guy who's about 6'10 should average less than 4 boards a game. 

Y'know what feels nice? To be genuinely annoyed by a loss and not just apathetic to it. This teams still headed in the right direction. A season a go a game with that FT disparity is a blow out. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Not gonna win many games where you get doubled up on the glass. We desperately need a real backup Center 

Dwight Howard?