Soul Bro

2022-2023 Trade Idea Thread

1 minute ago, Soul Bro said:

I really hope we keep and play Bev. No, I don’t want unwarranted behavior, but I’d love his defensive veteran presence at the backup point guard position.

I actually think that Pat Bev is a great locker room guy whom would elevate our young guys' swag. Look at what he did when he was in Minnesota. That team had confidence and so much was lost when he left.

I think Pat Bev wants to be on a contender, so likely we buy him out, but would love if he bought in and stayed for our bubble playoff push while pushing Paolo / Franz every step of the way. There is GREAT value with having someone like a Pat Beverley on your team. 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, TreyMachine said:

I actually think that Pat Bev is a great locker room guy whom would elevate our young guys' swag. Look at what he did when he was in Minnesota. That team had confidence and so much was lost when he left.

I think Pat Bev wants to be on a contender, so likely we buy him out, but would love if he bought in and stayed for our bubble playoff push while pushing Paolo / Franz every step of the way. There is GREAT value with having someone like a Pat Beverley on your team. 

Agree. I don’t see a vet presence vocally encouraging or pushing our guys. Harris seems quiet, and Ross seems more like a class clown. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Soul Bro said:

Agree. I don’t see a vet presence vocally encouraging or pushing our guys. Harris seems quiet, and Ross seems more like a class clown. 

I see management / Coach Mosley saying to Pat Bev on trying to get him to stay, "We want you to kick their a**es in practice every day. You're a great team mate, and we want you here because we believe we're 2-3 years away from competing for a championship and you're going to be the integral part of getting us there by imparting your hunger, your fire to our budding superstars. Are you up for the task?"

Pat Bev: "..... F*** yeah, let's do this."

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Regarding Wiseman, the day and age of drafting the big guy with “upside” should be a thing of the past. Still, however, we see teams like GS make this pick, just as Orlando picked Mo over SGA. Thankfully, we’re finally set with our bigs, so hopefully we avoid this mistake in the coming drafts.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TreyMachine said:

I see management / Coach Mosley saying to Pat Bev on trying to get him to stay, "We want you to kick their a**es in practice every day. You're a great team mate, and we want you here because we believe we're 2-3 years away from competing for a championship and you're going to be the integral part of getting us there by imparting your hunger, your fire to our budding superstars. Are you up for the task?"

Pat Bev: "..... F*** yeah, let's do this."

If only. He would bring that vet prescience and playoff experience. That would be so valuable  to our young team. 

1 hour ago, Phil4Real said:

Another disappointing deadline. In order to compete the rest of the season, we didn't improve the team. 

Say your truth, Weltman lovers

Addition by subtraction. I'm fine with minimal moves right now and here is why. The problem with the Magic is less a lack of talent and more that they're still figuring out how to win on a consistent basis.

Anyone got time for a story?

For anyone who watches hockey, they remind me A LOT of the Edmonton Oilers about 7 years ago. They had the most insane lottery luck in history. They got the #1 pick 3 times in a row and the league had to change the rules. Then they go and win that **** again by basically landing hockey's LeBron James in Connor McDavid. After McDavid's 1st season you had this embarrassment of riches in high picks with all this potential in McDavid, Hall (a 1st overall), Eberle, Nugent-Hopkins (a 1st overall), Draisaitl (a 3rd overall), and now they've got the 4th overall pick with yet another high scoring player from Finland falling into their lap. They moved on from a 1st overall named Yakupov who was like the NHL's Mo Bamba except the guy skated like he was being chased by bees. Brought nothing to the table.

Magic have Isaac, Fultz, Banchero, Wagner, Suggs, Anthony (maybe Bol too) and it's very possible the Bulls are gonna **** the bed and the Magic wind up picking something like 6th overall AND let's not forget lightning could strike twice and they win the #1 pick again. It's a potential embarrassment of riches and potential. Imagine Wemby here for 2 seconds on top of whoever we'd land if the Bulls crap out. It's insane.

The point is the Oilers went and IMMEDIATELY *****ed everything up and plundered their treasure for basically nothing. They could not have done worse. Hall was arguably one of the best even strength scorers in the game and he got traded for defensive help that didn't do enough. Eberle and Yakupov got traded for basically absolutely nothing players who did not help the team. The guy from Finland is an oversized goof that watches the game happen around him. And to replace the scoring power they lost and the GM, went after an old flame on the wrong side of 30 he had when he won the Cup in Boston in 2011 in Milan Lucic -who is considered one of the worst free agent signings in NHL history because he had 1 good year and his career took a tailspin ever since. Their GM was a guy named Peter Chiarelli and it has been hailed as among the worst roster management of the in modern era.

This took place in like 2016. And the Oilers have LITERALLY only just now gotten out of that mess.

The point is the Magic aren't under the gun to win it all right now. We're finally recovering from the Dwightmare and rebuilding from our rebuild. This is the most hope we've had in ages. Sit on your cap space. Let the young guns get better. Pray to God you get lucky. Don't plunder your riches. Not yet. Wait for it. Wait for the right moment to come by.

This was always gonna be the last year in the wilderness. Ride it out

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

49 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

And if we want to make the post season, it’s time we bench Bol Bol and give those minutes to JI or possibly Chuma.

Couldn’t agree more. We are on the same page. 

Surprised Chicago and Toronto both stayed put. If even fanbases have a right to be annoyed it’s there’s. I’m ok with our deadline, it’s not time to strike, the iron isn’t hot enough yet

8 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Surprised Chicago and Toronto both stayed put. If even fanbases have a right to be annoyed it’s there’s. I’m ok with our deadline, it’s not time to strike, the iron isn’t hot enough yet

The Raps got Jakob Poeltl.