Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

2022-2023 Season Thread

4 hours ago, hootie249 said:

I mean, he will be one of the next players to rumored to be traded as soon as this summer. In case none of you know, his current contract was not the max he could have gotten. The contract has one more year after this year. He cannot be extended this summer at max money. He can be extended for less, but that will not happen so he will be a season long distraction as the rumor mill kicks in. Will the Celtics risk losing Jaylen or trade him before he is a free agent. 

Of course he is exactly the type of player we should be looking at but who knows how this plays out. In my mind he wouldn't be moved this summer unless it was a godfather offer. Having two lotto picks would put us near the top but i don't think we have the players other teams have that we would be willing to trade.

In a lot of these trade situations teams want draft picks more than playesr. Like Utah and Mitchel last year. But you are correct in this case. Boston will want to stay competitive with Taytum there. 

1 hour ago, fan for too long 2 said:

If we get the top pick. Would y’all trade it for Jaylen?

Would consider it after receiving assurance about the interest in signing an extension. In our situation, is a tricky moment cause we're young and we show glimpses, but not sure we're enticing enough for top tier talent.

7 hours ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Top pick, nope. If we got #2, then I would have to consider a deal depending on who/what else was included. I don’t think you let Wembanyama go. 

On 3/25/2023 at 5:06 PM, Soul Bro said:

In terms of building a legit team, the player we should be targeting with our money is Jaylen Brown. He'd fit beautifully next to Franz and Paulo. 

So, in considering this, I came up with something like this as a starting point for a Jaylen Brown trade. It brings the Celtics back under the luxury tax cap for next year, without tying them up with long-term contracts, gives them additional building blocks on cheap contracts for the next few years, and Cole could grow working next to Tatum, Smart et al., G Harris provides some backup at SG off the bench, and this deal cuts the C's salary by about $6M (after signing the 1st round pick, and picking up next years options on Cole and G Harris), and potentially provides additional cap space if G Harris comes off in 2024. 

Magic get:

Jaylen Brown

Celtics get:

Cole Anthony, Gary Harris, 2023 -1st round pick (Orlando if not top-4 or Chicago), 2024 - 1st round pick (top 3 protected), 2025 - 1st round pick (Orlando top-3 protected, or Denver) 

On 3/26/2023 at 4:33 PM, fan for too long 2 said:

No because he’s only got one more year on his deal, and it makes little sense for him to sign an extension. 

On 3/14/2023 at 7:32 PM, Luke_FfS said:

5. THE BOL-LER-COASTER!!!!

The Bol Bol Most Improved Player campaign capsized in early January, when the Orlando Magic yanked him from the starting lineup -- mothballing the weird, ultra-big trio of Bol, Paolo Banchero, and Wendell Carter Jr. in favor of a more traditional starting five. Bol has logged 20-plus minutes in just three games since.

Jonathan Isaac's brief return added another roadblock. The Magic don't trust Bol to play center; Carter and Mo Wagner share those minutes.

Bol is something, but it's unclear what -- except that he's a can't-avert-your-eyes adventure. There is no sight quite like a 7-2 giant with a preposterous 7-8 wingspan zig-zagging coast-to-coast. Every elongated dribble contains delicious suspense; possessions hang in the balance as the ball hangs in the air. The journey may end with Bol tossing the ball five rows into the stands or Eurostepping between defenders for a face-at-the-rim dunk.

David Steele, the Magic's wonderful play-by-play man, started referring to Bol's forays as the "Bol-ler Coaster." Greg Hartung, director for Bally Sports Florida, thought it might be funny if the Magic's broadcast team (Steele, Jeff Turner, Dante Marchitelli) -- plus the public relations staffers sitting nearby (George Galante, Joel Glass) -- mimicked the arms-up "wheeeeee!" pose riders take when roller coasters jet downward. Thus was born Orlando's latest niche hit: the Bol-ler Coaster:

(Jamahl Mosely has no time for this.)

This group has such fun camaraderie. They have learned to find joy in small things amid endless losing. They are basketball hostages -- experiencing NBA Mediocrity Syndrome.

With Banchero and Franz Wagner aboard -- plus other young talent, and perhaps two more lottery picks coming -- the Magic for the first time in a decade can see above mediocrity.

https://www.espn.com/nba/insider/story/_/id/35820904/flaw-undo-lakers-dame-career-scoring-run-preposterous-bol-bol

The Bol-lercoaster has been completely derailed. I miss watching him play. And struggling to see why he’s getting no minutes lately. 

8 hours ago, kradribble said:

The Bol-lercoaster has been completely derailed. I miss watching him play. And struggling to see why he’s getting no minutes lately. 

Actually I was asking myself why he was getting so much minutes recently...

When he was on fire... we should have traded him! :P

just read article on OMD detailing possible Doncic complications in Dallas.

Hypothetical setup to pry him loose from dallas? If the off season came around and we had the #2 or #3 or #4 pick plus chicago #10 - i would package both of those and Fultz and Isaac for salaries (even though i bet you they waive him in january) also i would send a couple seconds and possibly next years pick. I think thats about the best scenario they might get across the league - heck i might even do it if we got the #1 pick (50/50 on that)

i dont know if i would do this      i see the reasoning   and it is sound    but i would do everything that i could to keep fultz     he would be the perfect point guard to pair with luka   a pass first, unselfish guard.     As good as Cole has been recently, i think it would be a bit of a struggle for having the ball in their hands if we paired luka and cole.    

dont get me wrong, i am now convinced that we should try to keep cole too, but not at an expensive price and not if it is a choice between him and fultz.

• Upvote 1

I actually think Fultz is just about the worst guard to pair with Luka. He offers very little off ball utility and Luka has the ball in his hands on most possessions. 

Regardless people thinking we'd get Luka done for a couple lotto picks is madness. Look at the recent super star trades. It's taking 4 or 5 picks plus other stuff. 

Also Dallas just aren't trading a 24 year old super star with 4 years left on his deal, doesn't matter how annoyed Luka gets Dallas can just ride it out in the short term. This is a conversation for 2 and a half years from now.