All Eyes On Me

2022 Off-season Thread

Fultz in that top tier of  driving and assists despite having no jumper to open the floor is insane (small sample size obviously)

On 5/27/2022 at 10:51 AM, JJZFL said:

There were a ton of people in our forum who didn’t want him and were thrilled Atlanta took him and not Bamba.  In fact, that was the prevailing sentiment IIRC.  

I did not want trae either... I wanted Luka

I think my hope for Suggs is to play a role like Smart does for the Celtics. Excellent defense with a more limited offensive game.

4 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

I think my hope for Suggs is to play a role like Smart does for the Celtics. Excellent defense with a more limited offensive game.

I am a massive believer in Suggs. This off-season is massive. 

Just some interesting dates for this summer's activities:

6/23/22 NBA draft

6/29/22 Qualifying offer deadline for Mo Bamba & Bol Bol (Brazdeikis/Schofield?)

6/30/22 Guarantee deadline for Moe Wagner

8/2/22  Free Agency pursuit

8/6/22 Free Agents may be signed

So looking at these dates, I am willing to bet that no move will be made to either make Qualifying Offers to Bamba/Bol or to Guarantee Moe Wagner until after the draft; because this front office will not give anyone that additional information. They do like to play everything close to the vest, and making those moves might signal what we are/are not doing in the draft.

If I had to guess:

Bamba - Sign and trade but we don't get anything exciting

Bol - We resign him to something cheap unless a team offers him a decent deal

Mo Wagner - we guarantee his deal.

8 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

I remember reading some an athletic article that had his comp as Jrue, which would be great. May not be a number one scorer or ball handler, but definitely a guy you win with

31 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

If I had to guess:

Bamba - Sign and trade but we don't get anything exciting

Bol - We resign him to something cheap unless a team offers him a decent deal

Mo Wagner - we guarantee his deal.

For us to do a sign & trade with Bamba I think we would have to offer him the Qualifying Offer, which for him is almost the same as the full MLE ($10.1M v. $10.3M). There are only about four other teams with Cap Space to offer him more than that. There are only a few others that could even offer the full MLE. I'm just not sure there is a market for Bamba to get that. I think if we want him, we offer the QO, but try to get him a multi-year for something like 4/$36 with team options and/or non-guaranteed in years 3-4. I just don't see how you go much more than that for him. I think we're bidding against ourselves there. If he won't sign for the 4/$36, we let him play the one year on the QO as a "make or break" year. If someone else actually offers more, we have a decision to make; I just don't see it happening. 

Bol's QO is only about $2.7M. I think that might be worth doing on a make/break. I think we offer him something in the 4/$10, again with team options/health clauses, probably non-guaranteed in years 3-4; and if someone offers him more, you let him walk. 

Wagner - I agree, you guarantee this deal, as the value is obvious.

47 minutes ago, Jason Funderburker said:

I remember reading some an athletic article that had his comp as Jrue, which would be great. May not be a number one scorer or ball handler, but definitely a guy you win with

That was predraft last year. Meanwhile, his shooting was awful as a rookie. I’m a big believer in his attitude and commitment, but boy does his shot need to come around.

I feel like we have a group of players that have great chemistry and embrace hard work. 

I believe this hard work, mixed with being healthy is going to lead to a big jump in production next year for multiple players. However I think the most notably jump will be from Markelle. I don’t think it’s out of the realm of possibles for him to win MIP next year. 

• Upvote 1