Sign in to follow this  
All Eyes On Me

2022 NBA Trade Deadline Thread

7 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

Seeing what Portland got for virtually their entire rotation sans Dame and what Indiana got for Sabonis... I'm even more happy with last year's trade deadline for us. 

Absolutely. I’d still love us to be aggressive if there’s a deal to be had for young talent. 

I think Ross gets traded to the Lakers.

And I understand that there are players like Embiid or whatever out there, but teams built around big men just depress me. Would HATE to be the Kings right now

19 hours ago, Jason Funderburker said:

This Pacers Kings trade seems like robbery

I mean, it's not robbery just poor process. They shouldn't be trading Tyrese because he will be better then Fox and Sabonis, but trading a 2 time all-star for a sophomore player is not robbery. Again just poor decision making. Still not sure where the defense comes from. Kings still won't make the playoffs.

Edit. One of the reasons the kings are getting roasted online. 

According to one article i read the only second year player to average 14/7 with over 40% shooting from 3 was Steph Curry and Haliburton. LOL Kings.

55 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

I think Ross gets traded to the Lakers.

And I understand that there are players like Embiid or whatever out there, but teams built around big men just depress me. Would HATE to be the Kings right now

what would even be remotely worth getting back from the lakers? 

Maybe

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ya4udq3w

11 minutes ago, Natesroom said:

what would even be remotely worth getting back from the lakers? 

Maybe

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ya4udq3w

Hilarious. Magic players don't come back. I'm hoping one day Vucevic will but Dwight can suck it. 

A sneaky thing about the recent Pacers trades. They have many expiring contracts. Add them to the 3 or 4 teams that have cap space this summer, including us.

anyone think we could/should aquire Julius Randle? Ross and Bamba for Randle works. Ross i think would actually be good for them as kemba is such a dangerous shooter that ross would not be hounded like he is now. ross can play 2/3 and it gives Cam playing time in the front with ross coming off the bench. Bamba gives them actual size and youth at the center postion instead of Nerlens Noel and Taj Gibson

Randle brings a legit allstar who can score at the PF postion that could slot next to Carter. He could also play SF  at times if you were running Carter and JI... 

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ybfgcvna

Hows this for three way trade - We turn the TE into expirings (Ingles and Paschall), We move on from Ross and Bamba, Jazz get a replacement shooter for Ingles whos injured with Carter as Trade Filler (could be any player making 1.7-3mil), Knicks get a 17.5 million trade exception they could use elswhere and opens up playing time and shots for Cam and Others.

image.thumb.png.d0f55725e6ca984e301a217945901141.png

20 minutes ago, Natesroom said:

Hows this for three way trade - We turn the TE into expirings (Ingles and Paschall), We move on from Ross and Bamba, Jazz get a replacement shooter for Ingles whos injured with Carter as Trade Filler (could be any player making 1.7-3mil), Knicks get a 17.5 million trade exception they could use elswhere and opens up playing time and shots for Cam and Others.

Hard pass on Julius Randle for me. I don’t think he’s the kind of player that makes a team better.

As deadline day nears, I think I’m at the point where I’m ok with minimal moves. I think Ross is gone, and with his contract length and age he probably should be, it’s 50/50 on Bamba and I really hope we keep G. I have zero reason to believe he’s a buyout candidate, at least.

51 minutes ago, Natesroom said:

Just because a guy scores and gets rebounds doesn't mean he makes a team better. There is also defense, efficiency, and attitude / locker room presence.

Julius Randle is like Russel Westbrook in the sense that he can put up stats but that doesn't necessarily translate to wins.