CTMagicUK

2022 NBA Draft Thread

24 minutes ago, MagicMoses said:

What would we have to give up in order to get their pick?

Future drafts selections? Getting their bad contracts? More experienced player from us? Cole, Bamba,Ross? 

48 minutes ago, Babir_9 said:

Most probably we will draft Chet, Jabari or Bancero with the top pick. But I am just thinking if we can make additional trade with Pistons or Kings and get their pick to draft Shaedon Sharp who has a huge upside in my opinion…

I wouldn’t rule out Sharpe going number 1 …wait till the combine later this week when teams get a load of his vertical and wingspan …he might go 50 inch vertical and 7 foot wingspan …

This draft so reminds me of 2004 with Howard …and I’m guilty …go back and look at my posts …I wanted the guy I saw on TV with my own eyes …Emeka Okafor …he had a decent NBA career but nothing special …once Howard’s vertical leaping ability came out he got in the conversation for number 1 …all of those same arguments against Howard are now being used against Sharpe.

Thank God “OUR” Magic organization was the lone organization with the “STONES” to make the right call .

Looking forward to seeing it play out the next 5 weeks …

• Upvote 1

I have to believe we’ll pick “our guy” at number 1 and will entertain offers from others in the top 5 as they go on the clock if they wanted him. 

If we get Chet and the Kings offer the #4 (Sharpe is there) and a future 1st and 2nd, and we have Sharpe at near even with Chet on our draft rankings - I think we take that trade. 

Management might say we’re not interested in trading the pick, but that just it to show our position of strength. If we say we’re open to trade, it shows our hand. I think we very much entertain offers. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Let us end the trade talk early.

Hope it's just the classic smoke mirror. Every single options should be considered at this point, especially with the uncertainity that surround that rookie class.

Draft day will be a real "evaluation day" for the FO.

2 hours ago, Babir_9 said:

Most probably we will draft Chet, Jabari or Bancero with the top pick. But I am just thinking if we can make additional trade with Pistons or Kings and get their pick to draft Shaedon Sharp who has a huge upside in my opinion…

Not sure anyone needs a short, ball hogging Point Guard but it would be a dream to trade Cole Anthony for the #4. Too good to be true

Who are we working out do you think? 

Chet, Paolo, Jabari, Ivey, AJG and Sharpe? Maybe Murray as well? Can't see any reason to work anybody else out but we're notoriously thorough and with the #1 pick being open I wonder if we just work out like our top 20 guys because we have the leverage to. 

1 minute ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Already fantasizing about Chet at Point Guard lineups? You bet your ass!

In your fantasies are these lineups getting blown out? Because he can handle the ball well for a 7 footer but he's not LeBron. And he can stay in front of guards well enough on screen and rolls but he's not going to stop them on an island in iso (at least he hasn't shown the ability to yet). 

I like the idea of a Suggs/Franz/Isaac/Chet/WCJ lineup if we're getting funky though. All size, all defense, everyone (except Suggs who'll hopefully improve in the coming seasons) can pass, dribble and shoot to some degree. 3 solid to great weak side rim protectors in one lineup. 

17 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

Who are we working out do you think? 

Chet, Paolo, Jabari, Ivey, AJG and Sharpe? Maybe Murray as well? Can't see any reason to work anybody else out but we're notoriously thorough and with the #1 pick being open I wonder if we just work out like our top 20 guys because we have the leverage to. 

Wonder what is Shaedon's tradeable value for....would next year's Magic pick, Cole and this year's #32 pick do it?

6 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Lord have mercy I might have to leave this board until the draft...

Look, It's not even like I'm some Chet super fan I just feel the need to balance out the negativity here...  

In what way did Chet "struggle in college"? 14 points, 10 rebounds, 3.7 blocks a game on 61/39/72 shooting? And Gonzaga gave up the lowest 2 point FG% in college basketball with Chet as their lynchpin on defense. 

And what talent is Chet lacking that will hamper him in the pros? If he busts in the pros it'll be because of weight, he has every skill you can think of for a 7 footer. 

I gave you some love and backing a few pages ago re: Chet.

• Like 1

The Magic will now have a significant advantage in intel gathering, too. Every prospect at the top of this class wants to hear his name called first. For example, members of Paolo Banchero's family were chatting about the idea of joining Orlando as they exited the lottery room on Tuesday. 

The Magic should have the opportunity to meet with and evaluate whomever they please. Their clear void of a franchise centerpiece offers a direct runway for whomever they select at No. 1 to become the team's true alpha, with a development plan and roster construction centered around that player. 

1. Bleacher Report 
  • Upvote 1