CTMagicUK

2022 NBA Draft Thread

Ross trade rumors are resurfacing, wonder if we’re gonna package him with a 2nd to move back in to late 1st? We’ve worked out too many non-top guys to not be using multiple picks this year IMO.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Ross trade rumors are resurfacing, wonder if we’re gonna package him with a 2nd to move back in to late 1st? We’ve worked out too many non-top guys to not be using multiple picks this year IMO.

The thing is a ton of the guys we worked out were second round guys, so guessing we at least keep one.

2 hours ago, Jay Magic said:

At this moment i couldn't tell u. But I got a odd feeling this kid is gonna be the real deal. He has the look... i cant explain it.. but yh he has the it factor 

That IT factor that you and many see for Shaedon to be selected #1, is more than anything, in my opinion, A LOT OF MARKETING HYPE.

He did not played a minute of college ball.....

His performance on his last high school year, 2020/21 was this:

Games 12 

PPG 21

FGM 31

FGA 51

FG% 60

3PM 3

3PA 16

3P% 18

Worthy to be selected #1?

And I know this is not the only thing to look at him....this is a tiny sample but, in my opinion, he is a big time project, 2 to 4 years before he establishes in the league as an elite player.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Albert Lergier said:

That IT factor that you and many see for Shaedon to be selected #1, is more than anything, in my opinion, A LOT OF MARKETING HYPE.

He did not played a minute of college ball.....

His performance on his last high school year, 2020/21 was this:

Games 12 

PPG 21

FGM 31

FGA 51

FG% 60

3PM 3

3PA 16

3P% 18

Worthy to be selected #1?

And I know this is not the only thing to look at him....this is a tiny sample but, in my opinion, he is a big time project, 2 to 4 years before he establishes in the league as an elite player.

Albert, if you draft Sharpe you draft on what someone could potentially do …so I’m not gonna debate what Sharpe can or cannot do …obviously he did something right on the HS level to get that ranking .

Now on Suggs …And I’m actually glad you motivated me to go looking …cause I had no idea it was this bad …and not just Suggs …look at Anthony and Hampton too :

https://www.espn.com/nba/team/stats/_/name/orl/table/game/sort/PER/dir/desc

Now in this link there are player stats and splits on the top …and on the bottom is shooting stats and splits …if you touch the top with your finger you can find any category and see where whomever is ranked on our team …now I see why we were the worst offensively efficient team in the league …and it wasn’t just Suggs .

I'm feeling really good about our options with #32 and #35. I think there'll be some interesting prospects on the board there. And I also think there's some exciting targets to trade up for. 

Now that I'm feeling all optimistic I imagine that means we use #32 on someone I'm not a fan of and trade #35 for a future pick and cash lol

12 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Nothing screams "competing" like choosing not to play basketball for a season.

CT it’s one thing to pick apart a kids game …but it’s another to try and trash his character …he answered every question about his time at UK that I sent you already …he did not run from his decision …and I’ll give you another angle though this is just my opinion …Jonathan Givony himself has stated multiple times about Cal’s system and how antiquated it is and how UK guards are undervalued because of it …I’m thinking if I’m in Sharpe’s shoes at that time I might not have been to anxious to play either if I was a lottery pick already ….Also this:

18 minutes ago, ball junkie said:

CT it’s one thing to pick apart a kids game …but it’s another to try and trash his character …he answered every question about his time at UK that I sent you already …he did not run from his decision …and I’ll give you another angle though this is just my opinion …Jonathan Givony himself has stated multiple times about Cal’s system and how antiquated it is and how UK guards are undervalued because of it …I’m thinking if I’m in Sharpe’s shoes at that time I might not have been to anxious to play either if I was a lottery pick already ….Also this:

So you're aloud to essentially body shame Chet Holmgren for the past couple of months but I'm not aloud to point out the incredibly relevant point that not playing for a season is antithetical to wanting to compete without it being an attack on a kids character?

If he didn't want to play at Kentucky he didn't have to commit to Kentucky, but he did. He chose to commit to Kentucky and then left without playing. And just so we're clear this isn't an attack on his character this is just me actually stating facts. 

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

So you're aloud to essentially body shame Chet Holmgren for the past couple of months but I'm not aloud to point out the incredibly relevant point that not playing for a season is antithetical to wanting to compete without it being an attack on a kids character?

If he didn't want to play at Kentucky he didn't have to commit to Kentucky, but he did. He chose to commit to Kentucky and then left without playing. And just so we're clear this isn't an attack on his character this is just me actually stating facts. 

Yeah …facts are everyone questions Chet’s body and durability …I don’t wanna repeat the steps behind Sharpes decisions because it’s been discussed ad nauseam …but the facts are nobody knows the details behind the decisions that were made …and probably never will …Shaedon made his comments when he was asked and it’s fine with me …and I don’t think it’s relevant at all …we’ll see if it effects his draft status …speaking of lol …certainly doesn’t seem to have bothered his confidence 

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10039137-kentuckys-shaedon-sharpe-before-nba-draft-i-see-myself-as-1-of-basketballs-goats

1 hour ago, CTMagicUK said:

Now that I'm feeling all optimistic I imagine that means we use #32 on someone I'm not a fan of and trade #35 for a future pick and cash lol

That has been the standard recently! :D