Soul Bro

2021-2022 General Game Thread

We are 2 for 20 from three.  Our crack announcing crew keeps crediting Boston’s great defense but the majority of those shots have been wide open.  

I’ve seen enough…

In the rebuild under Henny, we tried to play and mesh too many young players at once. EP and Payton couldn’t shoot, and Harris and Gordon also seemed to overlap. We ended up trading the wrong guys, in my opinion, and were left with the aftermath.

We seem to be repeating history. Jalen and Cole both are young, aggressive, loose passing, poor shooting guards. I don’t think they should be starting together. Far too often, it’s a hot mess. And the experiment of starting two young, lumbering centers together also has run its course to me. 

I really hope we change directions following the all-star break, as I especially don’t want to see Jalen and Cole have their development sabotaged.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

I’ve seen enough…

In the rebuild under Henny, we tried to play and mesh too many young players at once. EP and Payton couldn’t shoot, and Harris and Gordon also seemed to overlap. We ended up trading the wrong guys, in my opinion, and were left with the aftermath.

We seem to be repeating history. Jalen and Cole both are young, aggressive, loose passing, poor shooting guards. I don’t think they should be starting together. Far too often, it’s a hot mess. And the experiment of starting two young, lumbering centers together also has run its course to me. 

I really hope we change directions following the all-star break, as I especially don’t want to see Jalen and Cole have their development sabotaged.

We’re okay Bamba for trade value at this point I think. Get JI back and put him in the lineup and things will look different. 

and I’m still on the train that Cole Anthony is a 6th man with an alpha mentality with a streaky shooting stroke that can really break a team if relied on too much. 

7 minutes ago, TreyMachine said:

We’re okay Bamba for trade value at this point I think. Get JI back and put him in the lineup and things will look different. 

and I’m still on the train that Cole Anthony is a 6th man with an alpha mentality with a streaky shooting stroke that can really break a team if relied on too much. 

If Jalen is our point guard, he needs better stability next to him at shooting guard. If we don’t get a first for Harris, I’d love to see him start the rest of the year next to Jalen.

1 hour ago, TreyMachine said:

I don’t think you can count on JI for anything at all.  I seriously doubt he’ll play this year and for all we know, he may not play again.  Anything he gives you is a bonus at this point.  

2 hours ago, JJZFL said:

I don’t think you can count on JI for anything at all.  I seriously doubt he’ll play this year and for all we know, he may not play again.  Anything he gives you is a bonus at this point.  

My thoughts exactly since the day we drafted him. He's a very gifted player trapped in a very fragile body.

I only watched the first quarter last night. What’s hard is seeing our guys miss wide open shots. Sure our guys take and force some lousy shots, but they also miss wide open shots (looking at you WCJ and Suggs). 

And while I don’t want to beat the dead horse, I sure wish we’d break up the Jalen/Cole and Mo/Wendell starting lineup. I’d love to see Harris and Okeke inserted into the starting five. There’s far too much duplication and limitation with what I’m seeing now.

11 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

I only watched the first quarter last night. What’s hard is seeing our guys miss wide open shots. Sure our guys take and force some lousy shots, but they also miss wide open shots (looking at you WCJ and Suggs). 

And while I don’t want to beat the dead horse, I sure wish we’d break up the Jalen/Cole and Mo/Wendell starting lineup. I’d love to see Harris and Okeke inserted into the starting five. There’s far too much duplication and limitation with what I’m seeing now.

Serious question, with 25 games left do we think we even bother playing Fultz and Isaac this year?

26 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Serious question, with 25 games left do we think we even bother playing Fultz and Isaac this year?

I have no earthly idea. I just wish we’d put our guys in the best position to grow and succeed, and I’m not sure we’re seeing that right now.

• Upvote 2