Soul Bro

2021-2022 General Game Thread

14 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

I guess my feelings on this come down to if Gary Harris is part of our future and would re-sign here. He’s only 26 and honestly has looked great once he’s finally gotten healthy. If we’re not re-signing him then of course we should definitely get something for him at the deadline. There will definitely be bidders 

That thought has crossed my mind too, even at the start of the season, but his play was so awful that I hadn't the courage to express it! :D
If he's 100% healthy and love Orlando, I would give him a shoot at the right price. If not, his value should definitely be up after a good string of games in which he resembled is old shelf.

6 hours ago, Luke_FfS said:

That thought has crossed my mind too, even at the start of the season, but his play was so awful that I hadn't the courage to express it! :D
If he's 100% healthy and love Orlando, I would give him a shoot at the right price. If not, his value should definitely be up after a good string of games in which he resembled is old shelf.

At this point it’s even more than just a string of good games. His splits since December have been really solid. I agree his start was dreadful, and stats back that up but as the rust has worn off he’s been good more than bad this season.

On 2/3/2022 at 7:46 PM, All Eyes On Me said:

At this point it’s even more than just a string of good games. His splits since December have been really solid. I agree his start was dreadful, and stats back that up but as the rust has worn off he’s been good more than bad this season.

I just don’t see us paying the money needed to keep him unless it’s a 3 year deal while Suggs and Cole are on low price rookie deals. He’s been a spark offensively that has played a key role in our last 4-5 games where we’ve looking like a fringe playoff team. 

Start of this one is reminding me of the Bulls game the other night. If we try to approach this game as a shootout with the Grizz, we’re gonna get run out of the building. D needs to be better.

Also, Ja is so good!

• Upvote 1

If anybody hits this one later on a delay, go ahead and fast forward through the first half. No defensive effort to be found on the Magic end, Memphis winds up with 76 at halftime. 76-56 at the break 

• Upvote 2

Just now, All Eyes On Me said:

If anybody hits this one later on a delay, go ahead and fast forward through the first half. No defensive effort to be found on the Magic end, Memphis winds up with 76 at halftime. 76-56 at the break 

Irritating to listen to Turner, as usual.  He heaps praise on Memphis for their offense.  Not a word about our pitiful lack of defense. You’d think he was announcing for Memphis.      I sure wish they would get rid of him.   

32 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Better yet, just skip the whole game.  Being run out of our own building in embarrassing fashion.  

13 minutes ago, Natesroom said:

holy crap the buzzsaw that is the mephis grizzlies offense is showing us what a team plays like

Especially when the other team barely goes through the motions on defense.  How many points have we given up in the first halves of recent games?

Memphis is an excellent team but we are making them look better than they are.  By the way we are being outrebounded 57-34.  We have plenty of height on our young team.   That statistic is all about effort ( or lack thereof).  Disgusting.  

• Upvote 1

At least the starters shouldn’t be tired against Boston tomorrow. Hopefully this game calms down the panic about us going on some crazy run and playing .500 ball the rest of the way to hurt the pick.

2 games left till the trade deadline