Soul Bro

2021-2022 General Game Thread

6 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Gary Harris is trash and RJ is not a point guard. 

Harris has looked really bad so far this season.  I keep hoping he’ll break out of it but it sure hasn’t happened yet.  

11 minutes ago, Franchise408 said:

Guys, I think we are the worst team in the NBA

Definitely not a good product right now, need to get our two best players back and see how it looks from there.

OK

I am very disappointed tonight

we should have won this game.

How long did it take cole and jalen to score their first points

at least half way through second

I have to tell you, I was watching the game at a bar where most were watching

football or baseball   so no sounds     i could not tell when there was a stoppage of play!

both teams were so slow and disconnected it always looked like a stoppage of play!

for the first time this season,  very discouraged

Hard to take anything good away from tonight. Much like our team being young and requiring patience, so is our coach. Bad rotations and then just waving the white flag with 3 minutes left and being somewhat still in reach.

Good thing tonight is getting Chuma back. Didn’t make a difference tonight but it was nice to see him out there. That’s all I got.. lol

1 hour ago, Franchise408 said:

Guys, I think we are the worst team in the NBA

And that’s the problem with losing.  People can say before the season that, win or lose, we’ll be fun to watch but eventually the losing wears everyone down, players and fans alike.  At some point you start to expect to lose and the effort goes down.  

Cole is a massive positive so far, he looks legit out there. Another +15, and he doesn't look like missing from 3p range. Add him and Bamba to our future core for mine, something I didn't expect at the start of year. 

53 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

And that’s the problem with losing.  People can say before the season that, win or lose, we’ll be fun to watch but eventually the losing wears everyone down, players and fans alike.  At some point you start to expect to lose and the effort goes down.  

Which is exactly why I'm anti-tanking. Building a culture of losing is far more detrimental than losing a couple positions in the draft.

But its too late for that now. This is where we are at. We are young and have a long ways to go. But tonight showed that it is a *really* long ways away.

I'm feeling hopeful for Cole, Bamba, and Franz at present time. Suggs has been borderline awful to this point. I love Fultz and Isaac, and they will improve us slightly, but I dont think they are good enough to be a significant upgrade upgrade this season. 

I hope our players develop into something special. There's loads of potential with Fuktz, Isaac, Bamba, Chuma, Cole, Suggs, and Franz. But that potential is so far down the line. 

36 minutes ago, Franchise408 said:

Which is exactly why I'm anti-tanking. Building a culture of losing is far more detrimental than losing a couple positions in the draft.

But its too late for that now. This is where we are at. We are young and have a long ways to go. But tonight showed that it is a *really* long ways away.

I'm feeling hopeful for Cole, Bamba, and Franz at present time. Suggs has been borderline awful to this point. I love Fultz and Isaac, and they will improve us slightly, but I dont think they are good enough to be a significant upgrade upgrade this season. 

I hope our players develop into something special. There's loads of potential with Fuktz, Isaac, Bamba, Chuma, Cole, Suggs, and Franz. But that potential is so far down the line. 

I agree with pretty much all of that except Suggs.  The guy is clearly a great competitor.  He may be the only thing that holds this team together, by force of will, if they continue to lose most of their games.   We’ve desperately needed someone like him.