All Eyes On Me

2021-2022 Orlando Magic Season Thread… Let’s Goo!!!

36 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

This would be a positive, this year. We don’t need another PF

Jabari Smith is a game changer.  Even Holmgren is close to putting it together, if his mind is where the scouts say it is then he could be special, he already compares well to KD, in a lower usage situation.  We can’t assume Isaac will ever play again.  WC is a fine second post option.  He’s the kind of depth winning teams need.  

NBA rookie ratings talking about Franz

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/nba-rookie-rankings-scottie-barnes-comes-up-clutch-cade-cunningham-builds-on-rookie-of-the-year-case/

Over 44 percent of his shots come at the rim, and he's making them at a 58 percent rate, which admittedly should be higher for someone of his size

Where can i find "At the Rim" percentage across the league to compare this quote? I think almost 60% is pretty good

1 hour ago, Natesroom said:

NBA rookie ratings talking about Franz

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/nba-rookie-rankings-scottie-barnes-comes-up-clutch-cade-cunningham-builds-on-rookie-of-the-year-case/

Where can i find "At the Rim" percentage across the league to compare this quote? I think almost 60% is pretty good

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/w/wagnefr01.html

It shows he’s at 62%, that’s pretty good for a wing, regardless of his height imo.

6 hours ago, Murphy13 said:

This is the time each year where we put it together for a long enough stretch to secure the 4th-6th pick in a three person draft.  

Won’t come as a surprise to anyone in this forum that I disagree with the assessment that the main problem with this team over the past 10 years is that we just haven’t been losing enough.  

1 hour ago, JJZFL said:

Won’t come as a surprise to anyone in this forum that I disagree with the assessment that the main problem with this team over the past 10 years is that we just haven’t been losing enough.  

Overall yes, but when it comes to this specific season, it is apparent that losing and getting the best chance at a number one pick is imperative, in management’s belief and anyone sensible. Loosing has not always been our priority in many of those ten years, but maybe should have been in a few of them. 

5 hours ago, Murphy13 said:

He’s learned to feed the big man.  I’m happy for him he just is who he is. He’s a solid rotational player.  

Exactly-solid rotational player…not on every team though 

5 hours ago, Murphy13 said:

Jabari Smith is a game changer.  Even Holmgren is close to putting it together, if his mind is where the scouts say it is then he could be special, he already compares well to KD, in a lower usage situation.  We can’t assume Isaac will ever play again.  WC is a fine second post option.  He’s the kind of depth winning teams need.  

I also believe that Jabari Smith is going to be a super star.

2 hours ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Overall yes, but when it comes to this specific season, it is apparent that losing and getting the best chance at a number one pick is imperative, in management’s belief and anyone sensible. Loosing has not always been our priority in many of those ten years, but maybe should have been in a few of them. 

That’s what people have said almost every season the past ten years.  We have the very worst won-loss record of any NBA team during the past ten years.  How much more of a priority could it be?

2 hours ago, JJZFL said:

That’s what people have said almost every season the past ten years.  We have the very worst won-loss record of any NBA team during the past ten years.  How much more of a priority could it be?

Obviously in the last years of the vooch era we were trying to win but just not good at it. 

6 hours ago, JJZFL said:

Both statements can be true at the same time.

The main problem with this team over the past 10 years has been management.  That is no longer the case and can sense a we’re getting close.

On 2/1/2022 at 11:40 AM, Murphy13 said:

Isaac will be back this year or next for around 23 fantastic games before he gets injured again and misses another 100 games. Somebody will downvote this, because in today's world the truth is not acceptable.

• Downvote 2