All Eyes On Me

2021-2022 Orlando Magic Season Thread… Let’s Goo!!!

Pacers just got Haliburton. This guy is one of the next great point guards. Not going to dig thru my posts but i'll never forgive the Magic for not trading Gordon to the Suns back before that draft. There were rumors at the time i had hopes we could use the number 10 draft pick to get someone like Vassell but during that draft Tyrese dropped down all the way to 12!

Gordon would be killing it in Arizona right now, joining fellow alum Ayton. Oh well. Suns drafted a power forward that they didn't even tender a contract to this offseason(Jalen Smith).

What a waste, i was pulling for that trade hardcore, but i understand if the Suns at the time didn't think it was worth swapping picks. It just turned out they wasted that particular pick. They don't care because they went to the finals but Gordon would be even better on that Suns team then he is on Denver. The guy always needed a top point guard to unlock his potential and we never even had a decent one.

• Like 1

All the pieces that are supposed to be moving are already moving. Highly doubtful we trade anyone unless one of the teams that lost out is looking to pivot and we are the second choice.

5 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Why on earth would we want Russell Westbrook?! 

At first I thought the same thing, then I thought can we get something better for the players we’re giving up. It’s not like we’re giving up any of our young pieces 

36 minutes ago, J-Mac said:

At first I thought the same thing, then I thought can we get something better for the players we’re giving up. It’s not like we’re giving up any of our young pieces 

Someone is giving up more for Russ. He wants a championship at this point in his career. It would be a slap in the face to an LA native to trade him to the worst team in the league for no noteworthy players back. Plus I don’t imagine him being a great locker room presence as we try to tank or let young players grow with the ball in their hands. 

This trade backfires for everyone. Pass. 

7 minutes ago, TreyMachine said:

Someone is giving up more for Russ. He wants a championship at this point in his career. It would be a slap in the face to an LA native to trade him to the worst team in the league for no noteworthy players back. Plus I don’t imagine him being a great locker room presence as we try to tank or let young players grow with the ball in their hands. 

This trade backfires for everyone. Pass. 

“Slap in the face”? It’s the lakers it wouldn’t surprise me. Plus with what he’s going through I don’t think he would try to force his way to another contender with what’s happening to him in the lakers. 
Maybe him being here in a play style that compliments him (spread offense) would work. Plus oladipo has said seeing how Russ worked helped him take his game to the next level. So maybe that can also be the case for our young guys. And we been through this many times we play the young guys and play to win when we shouldn’t and end up with a pick 4-7. I feel like the same thing will happen again we end up having a better record than Portland Detroit and Houston. Then end up adding another rookie to a team with no all star player.

But if we have Russ, with a healthy team next season we might have a solid playoff team. Especially since we’re in the east too, and all we would give up really is T Ross. Harris and mcw are expiring I believe.

But if it doesn’t work out and Russ does want out we can just play our cards right and trade him in the off-season with one of our young talent for a player who might want out like KAT or DAME. Then sign Beal if he opps out, Beal and KAT would be nice. I don’t see why Minnesota would do that but I’m just giving a quick example