jmmagicfan

2021 Off-Season Discussion Thread

2 minutes ago, Luke_FfS said:

I've been critical of a lot of moves (or lack of) that the FO has done in the past, included hiring Clifford. This time I'm happy about the move, we clearly couldn't know now if it's going to work, but at least it's finally a bold decision, thinking a little outside the box. Good move!

Hopefully Jamahl brings our own Darrell (Winner) Armstrong with him as part of his staff !!!

1 hour ago, Albert Lergier said:

Hopefully Jamahl brings our own Darrell (Winner) Armstrong with him as part of his staff !!!

He's already confirmed he's staying at Dallas.

5 hours ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

Thrilled with this hire! I don't think we could have done any better.

I wanna see him tell Le Bron to go F himself again!

Actually it was "Shut the F* UP" but i'll take that too!!!! LOL

I'm very pleased with this news. It just seems like the direction that this team need right now. Congrats Coach Mosley

13 hours ago, crisby pancakes said:

He's already confirmed he's staying at Dallas.

What I've been able to find out is an article that has Darrell Armstrong as "most likely" to stay in Jason Kidd's coaching staff. 

I'll keep my hopes up until the official word.

23 minutes ago, Albert Lergier said:

What I've been able to find out is an article that has Darrell Armstrong as "most likely" to stay in Jason Kidd's coaching staff. 

I'll keep my hopes up until the official word.

So I'm looking at the likelihood of this: Darrell Armstrong has been an assistant coach for the Mavs since 2009. That's 12 years he's built a community, his family has made friends, and most importantly, his kids have grown up (I know he has at least one high school son).

I imagine, as much as perhaps Darrell loved being with the Magic, if there isn't a significant pay raise, it doesn't make sense for him to uproot his life to go into the city of his glory days 20+ years ago. 

4 minutes ago, TreyMachine said:

So I'm looking at the likelihood of this: Darrell Armstrong has been an assistant coach for the Mavs since 2009. That's 12 years he's built a community, his family has made friends, and most importantly, his kids have grown up (I know he has at least one high school son).

I imagine, as much as perhaps Darrell loved being with the Magic, if there isn't a significant pay raise, it doesn't make sense for him to uproot his life to go into the city of his glory days 20+ years ago. 

No question about the family angle...I completely get it. Nevertheless, athletes are kind of use to moving.

Like many things....we just shall see. It would be nice, though to see Darrel back if coach wants him.

A tidbit about Darrell: "During his 9 years with the Magic, the team never posted a loosing record, making the playoffs 7 times"

Coach Mosley sounds extremely intelligent and have a great feel for the game. If the players buys in, I think we might be in great hands for many years.

Some of the reporters asking questions sucked.

Weltman did a whole introduction about how he first knew of Mosley during his first year in the league in Denver and then one of the first questions was "I believe you were both in Denver together what was that like?"

Plus the question about connecting with players because he was black that Mosley sidestepped gracefully. Why would you feel the need to ask that? 

Then of course Mike Schmitz trying to stir the pot whenever he can.