CTMagicUK

2021 NBA Draft Thread

9 hours ago, Albert Lergier said:

NBADRAFT.NET updated on July 6 their mock:

@ 33 - Greg Brown 6'9 Forward from Texas

@ 5 - Scottie Barnes

@ 8 - Keon Johnson  ( It has the Warriors taking Bouknight @ 7 )

I can see why we might be interested in drafting Barnes because he’s got a bit of Draymond Green about him. He’s a point forward that plays hard at both ends of the court and can defend 1-5. He’s got good athleticism and size. The downside is his shooting and scoring, but if he can develop that side of his game he’s got a lot of upside, and if he can’t he’s got the skills to be a good starting player. 

I’m not a supporter of the second pick. Keon has a ton of athleticism and plays hard defensively, and while he has intriguing upside, I don’t feel it is wise to be doubling down on players that can’t shoot and score. Ok our defense can be scarily good with the athleticism and defensive buy-in, but we will certainly struggle to shoot and score!

For me, I’d rather take a gamble on Moses Moody developing into a plus player. His floor should be solid with his shooting, scoring and defensive ability. Ok his ceiling is more 3-and-D than all star, but who knows he could surprise people?! 

Or considering Jalen Johnson from Duke and betting on his upside, or bet on Josh Giddey’s intriguing upside. 

If we stay put at 5 and 8 it’s gotta be Kuminga and then Bouknight or Moody. Wild cards are someone picking Barnes top 4 and dropping Suggs to us and/or someone taking Bouknight before 8.

14 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

If we stay put at 5 and 8 it’s gotta be Kuminga and then Bouknight or Moody. Wild cards are someone picking Barnes top 4 and dropping Suggs to us and/or someone taking Bouknight before 8.

I’d be very happy with Suggs + Bouknight/Moody/Wagner.

4 hours ago, gobucsmagic said:

The players aren’t damaged from 30 games of losing either. They aren’t that fragile 

They haven't finished losing yet.  Let's see how this plays out next year.

• Downvote 1

10 hours ago, JJZFL said:

They haven't finished losing yet.  Let's see how this plays out next year.

Who’s they? The G-leaguers from last year or our actual team this coming season? 

22 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

Would you guys trade 5 and 8 for SGA?

Perhaps I haven't watched him enough, but my gut says no. You're just as likely to get an impact player at either 5 or 8. SGA is good, but I'd rather take my chances on one of these guys. 

1 minute ago, TreyMachine said:

Perhaps I haven't watched him enough, but my gut says no. You're just as likely to get an impact player at either 5 or 8. SGA is good, but I'd rather take my chances on one of these guys. 

SGA is a superstar waiting to blow. I have been looking into him. Some statistics blow me away. He is just 22. 

I'd do it without thinking 

3 minutes ago, gobucsmagic said:

Yikes. Possibly, but why would OKC possibly want more draft picks? 

They are not gonna compete for years just wondering if they would cash in now for him and get him somewhere where he can win. Just throwing ideas around 

I really really don’t think people understand just how good SGA is. Played with essentially a G-League roster and still had a historically efficient iso-dominant scoring season while upping his playmaking and playing at least very serviceable defence. 

He is going to get better and better.