Soul Bro

2020-2021 Official Magic Season Thread

Just now, Jay Magic said:

The Otto Porter stuff is interesting. Gotta imagine he’s being considered in our long term plans if we didn’t buy him out and he’s gonna sit the rest of the season with a “foot injury”

1 hour ago, All Eyes On Me said:

The Otto Porter stuff is interesting. Gotta imagine he’s being considered in our long term plans if we didn’t buy him out and he’s gonna sit the rest of the season with a “foot injury”

I like him behind Isaac or Chuma for quality depth and at the right price I suppose. I have no idea what the market would be for him at this point

1 hour ago, All Eyes On Me said:

It might have been more about Otto not wanting to leave money on the table. Typically buy outs involve the player giving back some of their salary. Plus being a buy out market guy values you at the vet minimum and, I read somewhere that, once you're considered a vet minimum guy it's harder to negotiate bigger salaries in the future which for a guy still in his 20s isn't great.

With the lack of available big wings this summer Porter and his agent might fancy themselves to still get some decent offers if they just ride these next 16 games out.

I feel sorry for fans of TOR and OKC that will watch tonights game. Both teams shamelessly removing all their players from tonight in a pathetic attempt to out tank each other. Good to see Torontos fine had an effect.

17 minutes ago, crisby pancakes said:

I feel sorry for fans of TOR and OKC that will watch tonights game. Both teams shamelessly removing all their players from tonight in a pathetic attempt to out tank each other. Good to see Torontos fine had an effect.

Fortunately for us we don't care who wins that game.

1 minute ago, CTMagicUK said:

Fortunately for us we don't care who wins that game.

OFC we do.. . .  OKC is just 2 games back and will pass us at this rate and we want TOR to win to make the CHI pick worse. I genuinely don't think OKC will win any remaining games, what they're doing is disgusting. Spurs just got fined for 'resting' players as well.

4 minutes ago, crisby pancakes said:

OFC we do.. . .  OKC is just 2 games back and will pass us at this rate and we want TOR to win to make the CHI pick worse. I genuinely don't think OKC will win any remaining games, what they're doing is disgusting. Spurs just got fined for 'resting' players as well.

You just explained how there's a benefit to either of them winning..

1 minute ago, CTMagicUK said:

You just explained how there's a benefit to either of them winning..

I'm fully aware of that. You said we dont care, we do . . . . just depends on which pick you want to be better. I absolutely want OKC to win. 1. because theres a significant drop off in talent after the top 4 in this draft. 2. Because what OKC has been doing the past 2 months with their players is disgusting.

2 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

I'm all for it. We should shut down all the vets possible. Some of the tanking from Houston, OKC and the Raptors is absolutely DISGUSTING!!

26 minutes ago, crisby pancakes said:

I think blatant tanking should directly effect the draft pick instead of pointless fines. More than one warning and your pick is no longer eligible for the lottery. Only way to fix the problem. And agreed on OKC, they’re bastardizing the game