Soul Bro

2020-2021 Official Magic Season Thread

Here is the quote from the second half power rankings posted from The Ringer.

The Magic have some tough decisions to make in the coming weeks. They’re 13-23, second-worst record in the East, with the league’s third-worst net rating. Ranking them 25th might be generous, but that’s because they have some good players on their team that front offices want.

The Heat, Spurs, Celtics, and Hornets have all expressed significant interest in acquiring All-Star center Nikola Vucevic, league sources say. Vucevic, 30, is averaging 24.6 points and 3.7 assists while hitting 41.2 percent of his 3s and grabbing 11.6 rebounds per game. Front office executives around the league are skeptical that the Magic will end up pulling the trigger on a deal, though, given that Vucevic has two more seasons left on his contract; if they do, the price would be high.

The Magic are also receiving calls on two veterans in the backcourt, Terrence Ross and Evan Fournier. League sources say the Hornets are among teams to express interest in Fournier, while the Nuggets have inquired about Ross. Orlando will have options. It’s just a matter of whether teams pay up.

Still don't think Vucevic is traded but of the four teams mentioned i think the Spurs are interesting. I do not think the Heat or Celtics would give up any of the players we would want. Charlotte could be interesting but i still don't see us giving away Vucevic to a division team without an overpay. Anyhow not happening, so on to the second part. Trading Ross and Evan sounds like  a disaster but could work if we got a young guard back somehow. Needless to say if this team traded both away it would mean they honestly are rebooting, even if it's a small reboot. I think Gordon isn't getting moved, high ankle sprains are no joke. Anyhow two weeks until the deadline.

Spurs would def be the most intriguing. No thanks on Tyler Herro being the face of the magic. Bleh. He’d obviously be the  primary return chip.

Spurs have drafted very well and are loaded with prospects...

at least if you shipped him there you can shed Vooch’s contract quicker by absorbing Aldridge’s expiring deal. Even Buy him out.

Then net some kind of combo of Walker Jr, Vassell, Keldon Johnson, Trey Lyles, Luka Samantic, Jakob Poeltl.

They have a deep young talent pool. 

17 hours ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

My favorite trade targets for Vuc are Jalen Brunson from Dallas or Robert Williams + Nesmith from Boston.

Williams has ten times the physicality of Bamba

Those are deals that someone who hasn’t watched Nik play would suggest.

Orlando has something like 14 straight games against currently positioned playoff teams, as soon as the league starts up again.

pretty much in a prime spot to convince this front office to be sellers. 

I’ll believe it when I see it, but I’m personally so primed for a rebuild. 

1 hour ago, New Guy said:

And if I’m trading Ross to the Nuggets. They better pony up some kind of combo of Dozier, Hampton, or Nnaji.

I’m sure they could get more, but I wonder if Gordon and Ross/Fournier for Michael Porter Jr and Gary Harris would be something they’d be intrigued by.

With a potentially dry trade and buyout market, teams are also keeping a close eye on the G League bubble for players to target. One name that’s been mentioned to me in several conversations is Alize Johnson, who starts for the Raptors 905, which is 12-3 and riding an eight-game winning streak heading into the bubble playoffs.

Johnson is a 6-foot-7 wing who was drafted 50th in 2018 by the Pacers and has played in only 31 NBA games. He’s a full-throttle rebounder and defender with the versatility to defend both quicker and stronger players, meaning he could play on the wing alongside a true big or in the frontcourt in switch-heavy lineups. On offense, the 24-year-old is averaging 16.6 points and 4.2 assists while posting career highs in scoring efficiency and assist-turnover ratio.

A league source says in addition to the Raptors, the Magic, Rockets, Spurs, and Suns have also expressed interest in signing Johnson.

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2021/3/8/22319031/nba-power-rankings-midseason-brooklyn-nets

• Upvote 1