Soul Bro

2020-2021 Official Magic Season Thread

Shams has reported "substantive talks" between the Magic and T'Wolves RE: AG before his ankle sprain and that he expects those talks to start up again when AG returns to the court. 

24 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

Shams has reported "substantive talks" between the Magic and T'Wolves RE: AG before his ankle sprain and that he expects those talks to start up again when AG returns to the court. 

I doubt they'll trade Towns, Russell, Beasley, or Edwards, and I'm not sure I see anything else I'd be interested in.  Culver has been a complete disaster.

43 minutes ago, The Neighborhood Bully said:

I doubt they'll trade Towns, Russell, Beasley, or Edwards, and I'm not sure I see anything else I'd be interested in.  Culver has been a complete disaster.

I think Beasley is the most likely. If the Magic can stomach the off-court issues. They have a gaping hole at power forward and also don't expect to compete this year so Gordon could take his time coming back. Beasley fills Evans spot and takes up Gordons salary. Then they simply let Evan walk or trade him for an expiring. I think the Wolves like what they see from Edwards. The Magic have enough power forwards but could sure use a 20ppg scorer.

https://tradenba.com/trades/LqogyEkqQ

Anyhow it's either Beasley or Rubio because they are the only salaries that could work in a trade. Rubio sucks and i could never understand what teams saw in him. It's like general managers don't watch games or know basketball-reference exists. 

I guess there is a small chance they would send us Edwards plus filler. I'm going to guess there is no way that would happen without the Magic sending back a pick. 

I really like Ricky Rubio but he'd be matching salary in a trade rather than an asset so it'd have to be Rubio and a bunch of assets.

If rumours are true that we essentially turned down the Covington deal for AG (2 FRPs and Trevor Ariza) I really think Minnesota would need to get a third team involved. Like maybe they move Beasley to a third team for a bunch of stuff that goes to us. 

Malik Beasley is seen as a key cog for the twolves and they’ve shown nothing but patience with his off the court idiocy. 

Yall need to start looking at the second level down...Minnesota’s picks are too valuable and would be super lottery protected.

The twolves have a number of intriguing prospects that Orlando could net in return, which could aid in Orlando’s rebuild. 

Culver being included would be a no brainer....he hasn’t been any good, but a former top 6 pick desperately in need of a fresh start, Josh Okogi is an Uber athletic wing who can shoot and defend, and you’d have to try and pry away McDaniels...who is an absolute gem, who is starting to get a lot of recognition as a player with big time potential. 

They also have Vanderbilt as well....there’s obtainable young talent there. You’d just have to add contract filler to make it work. But Orlando getting back a couple youthful prospects would be the most likely outcome. 

Aaron Gordon is not seen league wide as a super attractive trade chip. He’s a glorified super athletic role player. 

Orlando needs to take what they can get here...and if that means netting young players with potential, than I’m all for it. Minnesota has a surplus of it. 

As for Fournier...who knows? I’ve been over him for years, but he’s another guy who doesn’t seem to be held in super high regard league wide. I really just see Orlando sitting on their hands with him, which is ridiculous...but it’s hard to have faith in this front office.

And I gotta comment on any deal involving Middleton. Do you even realize just how good Middleton is? He’s also indispensable. He’s a franchise cog along with Giannis. Orlando doesn’t even have close to the pieces to even make a competent offer. 

He’s an extremely efficient all-stat 2 guard....yeah Milwaukee is in no rush to get rid of him. Dude averages like 21, 6, and 6 a night with extremely high shooting percentages and good to great defense every night. He’s a star and has been one for the last couple of seasons. That’s a pipe dream acquisition. 

• Upvote 1

Guess who has the second best record in the whole league? Phoenix. WeltHam need to get their act together soon or we need to move on. There’s no reason our roster should be this bad.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

Guess who has the second best record in the whole league? Phoenix. WeltHam need to get their act together soon or we need to move on. There’s no reason our roster should be this bad.

Be patient, still evaluating.

• Like 1

Orlando needs to acquire as much as youthful potential as possible and just embrace the rebuild. 

Orlando’s depth and athleticism compared to league standards is horrendous. You look at any bench in the league, and they at least have guys with “potential”. Orlando has a bunch of cast off role players, and G league quality talent on the bench. The whole roster is just a poorly conceived mess.

40 minutes ago, New Guy said:

Orlando needs to acquire as much as youthful potential as possible and just embrace the rebuild. 

Orlando’s depth and athleticism compared to league standards is horrendous. You look at any bench in the league, and they at least have guys with “potential”. Orlando has a bunch of cast off role players, and G league quality talent on the bench. The whole roster is just a poorly conceived mess.

Absolutely bang on mate. Sick of seeing other teams end of bench players with upside light up our mediocre journeyman like Bacon, Ennis, Birch, Bacon, MCW, Randle. We should be playing 2nd round picks with upside in these spots. We would be the only roster in the comp that would have these players. Can’t keep blaming injuries. Most of these blokes shouldn’t be in the NBA at all! 

3 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

I really like Ricky Rubio but he'd be matching salary in a trade rather than an asset so it'd have to be Rubio and a bunch of assets.

If rumours are true that we essentially turned down the Covington deal for AG (2 FRPs and Trevor Ariza) I really think Minnesota would need to get a third team involved. Like maybe they move Beasley to a third team for a bunch of stuff that goes to us. 

He is really a bad player, i know he is having a down year this year but check out some of his highlights. He is a very poor offensive player, who is supposed to be a good facilitator and decent on defense. Neither is true which is why both the Jazz and Suns gave up on him. Why the Wolves brought him back is beyond my understanding. 

1 hour ago, New Guy said:

Malik Beasley is seen as a key cog for the twolves and they’ve shown nothing but patience with his off the court idiocy. 

Yall need to start looking at the second level down...Minnesota’s picks are too valuable and would be super lottery protected.

The twolves have a number of intriguing prospects that Orlando could net in return, which could aid in Orlando’s rebuild. 

Culver being included would be a no brainer....he hasn’t been any good, but a former top 6 pick desperately in need of a fresh start, Josh Okogi is an Uber athletic wing who can shoot and defend, and you’d have to try and pry away McDaniels...who is an absolute gem, who is starting to get a lot of recognition as a player with big time potential. 

They also have Vanderbilt as well....there’s obtainable young talent there. You’d just have to add contract filler to make it work. But Orlando getting back a couple youthful prospects would be the most likely outcome. 

So true we should have been doing this for years, now we have cap problems  and it just makes trades more difficult. We have to think about if we can carry the cap hit of a draft pick. And we have to think about roster spots thanks to Clark and MCW.

1 hour ago, Soul Bro said:

Most of the "process" teams during our rebuild have rebuilt! Lakers,Sixers,Phoenix,Nets! Others have at least taken a real shot at it and failed. Teams like the Wolves,Atlanta,Charlotte, made big moves and although not perfect, are not worse then we are at the moment. The Heat lost the big 3 and made the Finals!

Aaron Gordon is not seen league wide as a super attractive trade chip. He’s a glorified super athletic role player. 

Orlando needs to take what they can get here...and if that means netting young players with potential, than I’m all for it. Minnesota has a surplus of it. 

As for Fournier...who knows? I’ve been over him for years, but he’s another guy who doesn’t seem to be held in super high regard league wide. I really just see Orlando sitting on their hands with him, which is ridiculous...but it’s hard to have faith in this front office.

Very true for both guys. Gordon still has value because he is still a good on the ball defender and his shooting stroke is good. They waited too long on Evan.

Which is why we should make a few major moves. I can see a couple a great trades with the Kings if they want to compete next year. Same with Memphis,New Orleans,Wolves.

It's time.