Soul Bro

2020 Official Off-Season Thread

Would you trade Vuc and Fournier to Boston for Hayward, Theis, Fillers and the 14th Pick?

Maybe we then could use the 14th and 15th Pick to move up in the draft an select Vassell.

52 minutes ago, matthi32 said:

Would you trade Vuc and Fournier to Boston for Hayward, Theis, Fillers and the 14th Pick?

Maybe we then could use the 14th and 15th Pick to move up in the draft an select Vassell.

I probably would do something like that. I'd have to think a lot about it though. Things like maybe I'd prefer a future pick to the 14th pick or who the filler was. 

I don't think Boston would do that though.

25 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

I probably would do something like that. I'd have to think a lot about it though. Things like maybe I'd prefer a future pick to the 14th pick or who the filler was. 

I don't think Boston would do that though.

I think they would but we would not 

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, LaVar said:

We don't really know what offers have been on the table. Management doesn't let much leak.

Sure, but if there was a great offer on the table (and I'm not talking only about that management, the previous one too) we should have already taken it. Right now, I really don't see his trade value as high as some of us in the forum would like to be. I actually fear that is way lower than a couple years ago.

22 minutes ago, Luke_FfS said:

Sure, but if there was a great offer on the table (and I'm not talking only about that management, the previous one too) we should have already taken it. Right now, I really don't see his trade value as high as some of us in the forum would like to be. I actually fear that is way lower than a couple years ago.

Well he is playing the best ball of his life and is in his prime, and showed in the bubble his game can actually work in the playoffs. This are the pros. The cons are his contract and his position.

I think there are contending teams who would value what he can add, I just don’t know if our FO would be willing to deal him

11 hours ago, matthi32 said:

I’d somehow want Smart thrown into the deal instead of Theis and the pick

3 hours ago, Jason Funderburker said:

Well he is playing the best ball of his life and is in his prime, and showed in the bubble his game can actually work in the playoffs. This are the pros.

He has worked in that series individually, but he has not lead the team anywhere.

Last year the team was quite solid against Toronto, but Vuc was completely canceled by Gasol. Sometimes opponent just choose what's the lesser of two evil's, postseason time.

We can overstate this last playoff, or downplay last year experience, but the point in the end is that you're not winning with him, and other franchises know that. He's not the missing point in a championship team, he's the kind of player that will create problems to your coaching staff if he doesn't perform like Jokic everynight. We've seen him for years, we should know better than anyone.

Also, he's getting older, don't know if this was his prime, but unathletic, older and a problem in defense, doesn't bode well with the value we pretend he has.

On 11/5/2020 at 5:18 PM, LaVar said:

We don't really know what offers have been on the table. Management doesn't let much leak.

It’s not like we’ve seen much in the way of exciting moves.  Maybe they don’t let much leak because there isn’t anything. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, JJZFL said:

It’s not like we’ve seen much in the way of exciting moves.  Maybe they don’t let much leak because there isn’t anything. 

There is unlimited speculation. The fact is we don't let things leak. Most of our moves are done in surprise of the public. Even okeke's red shirt year took forever to find out - even after the draft. 

• Upvote 1

Don't leak things: it's great. +1000 for our management/organization for that.
But assuming our players attract great offers but we don't know about that because are not leaked, IMHO is just a dream. We're a mediocre team and the trade value of our players is as mediocre as our level.

2 hours ago, Luke_FfS said:

Don't leak things: it's great. +1000 for our management/organization for that.
But assuming our players attract great offers but we don't know about that because are not leaked, IMHO is just a dream. We're a mediocre team and the trade value of our players is as mediocre as our level.

It works both ways. Can't assume they get bad offers either. Either way it's a dream because it's not rooted in fact or really.

Sure.

We were talking about overstimating or understimating trade value, Vuc's one in that case, that was obviously just my opinion, and I respect who thinks that is value is higher than that.