Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Magic Vs. Bucks - Saturday, February 8th at 5:00 P.M.

At this point I think I would rather miss the playoffs, it might be just what we need to push the FO into shaking things up and moving on from the current vets we have. I don't mind Ross, I think we rely on him too much with the 2nd unit and when his shot isn't falling it doesn't look good, it's not his fault, it's what he's told to do. With a better bench I think he'll be fine.

I'd like to move on from Vuc, Evan and DJ. I don't mind DJ from a mentoring perspective but I'd rather a fast paced push the ball type PG to match how I'd like the first unit to play.

I'd love some sort of deal(s) in the off-season that rids us off Evan, Vuc and our first for the best SG we can get. Sign a short term vet center that will run and play solid D. Please make it happen WeHam. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, The Boss said:

At this point I think I would rather miss the playoffs, it might be just what we need to push the FO into shaking things up and moving on from the current vets we have. I don't mind Ross, I think we rely on him too much with the 2nd unit and when his shot isn't falling it doesn't look good, it's not his fault, it's what he's told to do. With a better bench I think he'll be fine.

I'd like to move on from Vuc, Evan and DJ. I don't mind DJ from a mentoring perspective but I'd rather a fast paced push the ball type PG to match how I'd like the first unit to play.

I'd love some sort of deal(s) in the off-season that rids us off Evan, Vuc and our first for the best SG we can get. Sign a short term vet center that will run and play solid D. Please make it happen WeHam. 

Agreed. The whole team needs a shakeup. The roster construction is just flat out garbage. Need to rebuild it from the ground up and rid of most of the henny guys. 

58 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

6 of the last 7 games of the month are against teams under .500. I have zero faith we do anything with that, but the schedule cools down a ton up here soon. This team needs to find a way to gain some sort of confidence and momentum.

Don't worry, DJ will be back in a week or 2, then order will be restored. Even John Denton tweeted last month that Vuch misses DJ.  :)

11 minutes ago, Gordon MVP said:

Agreed. The whole team needs a shakeup. The roster construction is just flat out garbage. Need to rebuild it from the ground up and rid of most of the henny guys. 

Can’t keep calling Vuch a Henny guy. Weltman resigned him. He’s an official WeHam guy.

22 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

Can’t keep calling Vuch a Henny guy. Weltman resigned him. He’s an official WeHam guy.

You’re not wrong but I meant all the guys from the older regime 

2 hours ago, Magicman28 said:

Yeah but we should’ve let Vuch go. 

I understand why it was so hard to let Vuc go. Coach likes him. He was an All-Star. If he doesn't decline too much from All-Star Vuc he's moveable with a declining contract by the time we need to have money. I wouldn't have re-signed him, but I get the thought process. It's why I want him to finish really strong but us to miss the playoffs. Shows he's not the future, but he's moveable. And it means we probably don't re-sign Fournier. Worst case is he sucks the rest of the season but Fournier plays well enough offensively that we limp into the playoffs and maybe we steal a game or something, making the front office think there's something there.

11 hours ago, MagicOne said:

Probably gonna have to go at least 15-14 in the last 29 to have a shot at the playoffs. That would have us finishing the season at 37-45. I think 37 should be enough this year in the Leastern Conference.

There should be an asterisk next to our name if we manage to make the playoffs. We have nothing to be proud of so far this season. 

7 hours ago, Justin Jaudon said:

I understand why it was so hard to let Vuc go. Coach likes him. He was an All-Star. If he doesn't decline too much from All-Star Vuc he's moveable with a declining contract by the time we need to have money. I wouldn't have re-signed him, but I get the thought process. It's why I want him to finish really strong but us to miss the playoffs. Shows he's not the future, but he's moveable. And it means we probably don't re-sign Fournier. Worst case is he sucks the rest of the season but Fournier plays well enough offensively that we limp into the playoffs and maybe we steal a game or something, making the front office think there's something there.

Context. He was an all star one year, contract year.

I don’t see what you’re going to move him for. Nothing substantial. You don’t win with him as your best player or focal point. He doesn’t defend consistently. I rather have Drummond and look what he was moved for.

Evan? I’m predicting he opts in. Wish he would opt out and we’d say peace but I don’t trust this FO to do that.

11 hours ago, The Boss said:

I agree somehow, even if I really can't root for the team I like to lose.

At the same time, that could been another bad choice/situation, in the sense that selling them after a failure, is selling them low. We had a great occasion to sell some of them high when we were trending upward, and management chose the safe path instead. Difficult times ahead.

But maybe they're still evaluating! :P

Vooch 0/7, Lopez 5/5 on threes.

Lopez costs half. They really tied up $25 mil/year in one guy who plays the most replaceable position in the modern NBA when all the fans knew it’d be a mistake. It hurts. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, ML6 said:

Vooch 0/7, Lopez 5/5 on threes.

Lopez costs half. They really tied up $25 mil/year in one guy who plays the most replaceable position in the modern NBA when all the fans knew it’d be a mistake. It hurts. 

I get what you’re saying but the most replaceable guys in the nba are the 6’8”-6’9” tweeners.  That doesn’t have much bearing on the point your trying to make, just a separate observation.