Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Magic Vs. Lakers - Wednesday, Dec. 11th at 7:00 P.M.

1 hour ago, 3rd Quarter Collapse said:

You know the Clippers are title contenders, right? The Clippers being able to beat them isn’t some slight against us lol. I believe LA is the 1 seed in the west— early goings, but they most likely will be title contenders as well. We’re not at that level yet, and we don’t have to be at that level with our timeline.

I think the Jazz will be a good litmus test for us to see where we’re at. A good but not great team in the west, and Vucevic will most likely be back by then. 

Of course I know the Clippers are contenders, that was my preseason title pick.  I don't understand your point.  We are nowhere near the level of the Lakers or Clippers on our best day

26 minutes ago, TheImmortalPatBurke! said:

Of course I know the Clippers are contenders, that was my preseason title pick.  I don't understand your point.  We are nowhere near the level of the Lakers or Clippers on our best day

You said that the Clippers beat the Lakers in your original post, implying that since the Lakers lost to the Clips, that meant they aren’t a great team (“The Lakers are good not great and got beat by the Clippers”). If I misinterpreted you then my apologies, but a team getting beat by the Clippers isn’t a sign of them not being great. 

My point was that using the Bucks and Lakers as benchmarks to judge our performance is unfair to this team due to the gap in experience and ability. A better benchmark will be our upcoming test against the Jazz since they’re a good team in the west that isn’t a title contender— it’s in those types of games that we can really gauge progress, rather than games where Giannis and LeBron dominate a Vuc-less Magic team, and in LeBron’s case, a Fultz-less team. 

I'm just wondering to shake things up a bit, can we start isaac and bamba with evan - fultz and gordon? i think khem will be much better coming off the bench

4 minutes ago, Natesroom said:

I'm just wondering to shake things up a bit, can we start isaac and bamba with evan - fultz and gordon? i think khem will be much better coming off the bench

Vooch will be back by Friday so I doubt we see that and I doubt cliff would do it unfortunately

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

Isaac be a hero! You have all the *****ing tools! Take the shots! Fall on the sword! Be the best player on this team! It's yours for the taking! 

I so wish this kid had a killer instinct. He'd be unstoppable!

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

Isaac be a hero! You have all the *****ing tools! Take the shots! Fall on the sword! Be the best player on this team! It's yours for the taking! 

I so wish this kid had a killer instinct. He'd be unstoppable!

I think he does but he just doesn’t realize it yet. I think it’s growing and he’s starting to realize that until it comes out we are not going to reach our full potential as a team. I see Isaac make a mistake early in the game and be immediately becomes passive and/or the team goes away from him. He needs to be higher on the pecking order and some of this falls on Cliff too

1 hour ago, magicblue said:

I think he does but he just doesn’t realize it yet. I think it’s growing and he’s starting to realize that until it comes out we are not going to reach our full potential as a team. I see Isaac make a mistake early in the game and be immediately becomes passive and/or the team goes away from him. He needs to be higher on the pecking order and some of this falls on Cliff too

I'm not sure he's ready. There are games where he's "on" and games where he looks like garbage on offense. So I don't think forcing him into a role fits our goals this year. 

Might just need to let him slowly grow into that guy over time like Kawhi. 

1 hour ago, Fultz4thewin said:

I'm not sure he's ready. There are games where he's "on" and games where he looks like garbage on offense. So I don't think forcing him into a role fits our goals this year. 

Might just need to let him slowly grow into that guy over time like Kawhi. 

Yea it's just hard to be patient when you see those flashes. Like his turn around mid range shot or when he decides he's getting to the bucket. It's impressive. I really do hope as his game grows so does his drive to be "the guy". 

A couple of thoughts:

1. A 9 point quarter is pretty inexcusable. Really shouldn't be expecting to win after something like that.

2. I don't think I get these rotations sometimes. Bamba basically is the guy that gets the team going again in the first half. Gets no minutes in the third quarter. I know our starters started to play better, but it feels like a bit of a missed opportunity.

3. While we lost the last two games, they were to the 2 best teams, record-wise, in the NBA.

Glad to hear Cliff specifically mention the “2 post defense mistakes” that cost us 6 points late.  We overhelped so often throughout the game that it almost seemed by design, so it was nice to hear him imply that it wasn’t.