Fultz4thewin

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

Markelle Fultz is sitting out the Lakers scrimmage. This is because he's not got back to 5-5 yet in practice since he joined the bubble late. 

'The Magic can bolster that young core or fortify their war chest if they trade Gordon this offseason, a move many around the league expect them to make. And multiple agents say their clients have no issues with Orlando as a city or the Magic as a franchise.

Says one, "I think Jeff and John have a plan, and we're about to see it pay off."'- https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2900927-a-basketball-showcase-in-nba-purgatory

That's quite a balanced little article with some quotes from unnamed execs and agents. Some suggestion that we haven't done enough to rebuild and some suggestion that there's a plan and hope that it'll pay off. 

I think it hinges on Fultz. And maybe it's rose tinted glasses but I'm on the bandwagon of Fultz being a future all star.

13 hours ago, Anfernee1 said:

They already have been revamped 2 years ago when Weltman was hired

We don't really know if we have a scouting issue, or something else.

I mean, the scouting could be great and signaling a lot of good prospects, but then you also have to sign them and find the space in the roster. We haven't been really proactive in reshaping it, first year was evaluation time, but even after that we haven't really changed a whole lot, and roster spots weren't really available... sometimes we haven't even found playing time for our own young core.

Or maybe our scouting is just bad... maybe was better before with Henny... who knows? I think it's really hard to judge that without being inside their staff.

2 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Markelle Fultz is sitting out the Lakers scrimmage. This is because he's not got back to 5-5 yet in practice since he joined the bubble late. 

“He’s just not ready physically to do that. Again, these guys missed so much time and they weren’t able to be in a gym. For Markelle, it’s just the situation that he was in.” Clifford said (per orlandosentinel.com). “So right now he’s not at a conditioning level where we’re comfortable that he could get out there and play in a scrimmage nor 5-on-5 in practice.”

I don’t understand how someone like Vooch is in shape and Fultz is not. Maybe he was dealing with a small injury or something? I’m going to give him the benefit of the doubt. Go Magic!

3 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

I don’t understand how someone like Vooch is in shape and Fultz is not. Maybe he was dealing with a small injury or something? I’m going to give him the benefit of the doubt. Go Magic!

He missed the first week of practice which I imagine was almost exclusively conditioning and slowly ramping up the intensity to avoid injuries. 

48 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

I see fat guys playing 5 on 5 at the playgrounds so I really have a hard time believing this crap. 

• Downvote 1

52 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

I see fat guys playing 5 on 5 at the playgrounds so I really have a hard time believing this crap. 

Fat guys at the playground aren't playing with elite athletes. Also, if a "fat guy" in the park pulls a hamstring because he didn't warm up, or isn't in shape it (presumably) doesn't affect his livelihood, or have a dramatic impact on a $100M payroll team. This management has already shown they treat their players injuries, and recoveries very cautiously, so this isn't really a surprise.  

• Like 1

Looks like a was little early on  Mario, he exploded in the second half! He still sucks. About my comments on Dipo, he still is under contract next year, i'm just hoping he gets healthy.I am pretty happy Basketball is back. Looking forward to seeing all of our guys play. 

10 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

'The Magic can bolster that young core or fortify their war chest if they trade Gordon this offseason, a move many around the league expect them to make. And multiple agents say their clients have no issues with Orlando as a city or the Magic as a franchise.

Says one, "I think Jeff and John have a plan, and we're about to see it pay off."'- https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2900927-a-basketball-showcase-in-nba-purgatory

That's quite a balanced little article with some quotes from unnamed execs and agents. Some suggestion that we haven't done enough to rebuild and some suggestion that there's a plan and hope that it'll pay off. 

I think it hinges on Fultz. And maybe it's rose tinted glasses but I'm on the bandwagon of Fultz being a future all star.

I really hope we don’t trade Aaron unless it nets us a sure fire star. Even watching him early in the scrimmage, he seems to be growing in to who we need him to be. Feel like he’d be the next guy we trade that makes the all-star game in a different jersey

13 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

We just like to coddle the young guys and I hate it!