Fultz4thewin

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

22 minutes ago, Magicpassion said:

So it looks like Gordon is going to be in his 3rd Slam Duck contest, yet he has been complaining that he has these nagging injuries with Achilles, knee and foot; interesting! I mentioned in a post a week or so ago that maybe he is playing up the injuries due to his poor numbers and of course I got whacked with a bunch of -.

So, I’ll just leave it at that and root for a third time being a charm. 

We have a ton of rest coming up. Maybe he's thinking he's going to be better by the time all star weekend comes around. 

14 minutes ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

These guys are professionals I'm not sure any of them would "play up" injuries while actively missing games and coming out of the locker room in a soft cast. 

I mean what would be the benefit? 

You’re absolutely right, no benefit at all, only to cushion the ego. I’m not saying he did that, I’m just pointing out the obvious that if you have aches and pains especially with a Achilles’ tendon which is huge!; I wouldn’t be taking a chance during the AS break; a time that these guys need to heal up for the the final push, it just doesn’t make sense to take that risk! 

1 minute ago, Fultz4thewin said:

We have a ton of rest coming up. Maybe he's thinking he's going to be better by the time all star weekend comes around. 

Maybe....

17 minutes ago, Magicpassion said:

You’re absolutely right, no benefit at all, only to cushion the ego. I’m not saying he did that, I’m just pointing out the obvious that if you have aches and pains especially with a Achilles’ tendon which is huge!; I wouldn’t be taking a chance during the AS break; a time that these guys need to heal up for the the final push, it just doesn’t make sense to take that risk! 

I agree with all of this.

1 minute ago, Optimist Prime said:

Was just looking at Kobe's stats on Basketball Reference, and realized that we might have come up against the best statistical postseason of his career in the 2009 Finals.

Yep, and I blame KG and Boston for that. After the 08 Finals, and knowing Kobe Bryant’s work ethic, in hindsight there was no way in hell he was losing that Finals against us.

3 hours ago, Magicpassion said:

AG can do more for his career in a big dunk contest than he can playing for our crappy team. I can’t blame him.

7 hours ago, Fultz4thewin said:

You want short term answers to long term problems and that's not really necessary. 

The only thing this franchise needs to do is not sign Fournier this summer. 

The general strategy is fine because the general strategy has nothing to do with Vucevic. He's just training wheels for fultz and Isaac. 

Where I've said that I want short term answer? Please tell me in which post because I don't remember any. And the problem for a lot of us is exactly the way management is building around Isaac and Fultz, as a team, with the play style and also culture wise. You're allowed to thing that the strategy is fine, but that doesn't make it a sure thing, the same way you don't consider valid the points of who disagree with the plan.

Every answer you give, you change the point of the discussion, or you take only one factor (as Isaac absence) ignoring all the rest. It's pretty difficult to have a discussion that way.

• Upvote 1