Fultz4thewin

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

1 hour ago, Fultz4thewin said:

Alternative explanation is just conditioning. Remember how chunky he was when we traded for him?

But I wouldn't dismiss this

Yea I don't think there's enough of a sample size either way but I do enjoy seeing where and how effective/ineffective those shots are.

9 minutes ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

Yea I don't think there's enough of a sample size either way but I do enjoy seeing where and how effective/ineffective those shots are.

And it is encouraging that he's a 32% three point shooter with rest. But again there's a sample size component with that. 

If he was a 36% shooter on 60 "rested" attempts it wouldn't mean much. If he was a 27% shooter on 60 "rested" attempts it wouldn't mean much. 

These 1/1 0/1 0/2 games don't really matter.

The 2/4 2/5 2/6 games matter. 

14 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

So this means:

1. We have a trade out there for our injury exception

2. We have a weird stretch where we're off for 4 days next week and we don't want to waste a 10 day and we're going to sign him in a few days

3. We have a larger trade out there and need the roster spot

4. We just aren't that thrilled with him and want to explore other pieces

17 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

Why wouldn't we add him to the roster full time? I thought he did fine for himself.

1 hour ago, Jay Magic said:

1 hour ago, Odin said:

Why wouldn't we add him to the roster full time? I thought he did fine for himself

I'm just now reading this, and was wondering the same thing. Can't he be signed to another 10-day contract at any time--not necessarily next week? I have seen that happen before.

We're short-handed as is, in more ways than one, and can use some help--any way we can get it.

1 hour ago, Odin said:

Why wouldn't we add him to the roster full time? I thought he did fine for himself.

If you really think about it. He did nothing apart from the Lakers game.

We must have something in the works 

2 hours ago, Fultz4thewin said:

So this means:

1. We have a trade out there for our injury exception

2. We have a weird stretch where we're off for 4 days next week and we don't want to waste a 10 day and we're going to sign him in a few days

3. We have a larger trade out there and need the roster spot

4. We just aren't that thrilled with him and want to explore other pieces

I think #2 is the most likely, mainly because it's something that the player would agree to as well.  Any player on a 10-day contract is going to want to maximize the number of games they play during that span in order to showcase their talent. 

23 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

If you really think about it. He did nothing apart from the Lakers game.

We must have something in the works 

At least statistically, he was fine in the golden state and charlotte games.

I mean, he'd be a back-up. What really is our expectation here? He looks like a solid young guy that still has some room for improvement, and who can play some meaningful minutes.

The more I think about the bamba draft makes me less and less encouraged by this management team. You just drafted Isaac the year before and he was a very thin but long and athletic. And he was injured most of his rookie year.

Then you go out and double down and draft bamba the same but even thinner, long type of player. But one HUGE difference. Athleticism! This cannot be understated. Bamba is not an athlete at this level and this should have been known by our management and scouting. Maybe you take the chance if and this is a big if, he has a good motor. And as we all have seen he doesn’t. 

This move has set this team back, We are now stuck with vooch and buddy ball. Which is kind of funny because neither is long or very athletic.