Fultz4thewin

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

I think it has more to do with his place in the Hierachy of the team... Not to knock what Evan is bringing this year, but i think AG as the #2-#3 option behind Vooch is where he thrives...With Fultz being tasked as the playmaker it takes the ball out of AG's hands and he can support in the slasher, low post, open shot playmaker. Not the dribble around and try to take a player off the dribble. 

Trading Evan at his best is our best option for clearing the logjam... Lets get back some shooters in his place. I have not been a fan of wes, he's been ice cold from 3 the last 2 years, but he might a decent fill in for the loss of Evan if AG is given the freedom.

3 hours ago, Fultz4thewin said:

That's because you've never included on ball defense in your evaluation. It's his most impactful trait and doesn't show up in box score numbers. 

It never occurred to me to consider his single greatest strength! Really? ...

Looking forward to the game tonight.

Iwundu played PG at K State and he's impressed me with the ball in his hands this season. He has a good handle, he can push the pace, he seeks contact, he defends well. I think he should be the backup PG going forward while MCW plays more wing. I just think Wes is better than Augustin at this point. If he gets consistent minutes, he gets into grooves. That's just the way he plays. 

8 minutes ago, andrew2018022 said:

Iwundu played PG at K State and he's impressed me with the ball in his hands this season. He has a good handle, he can push the pace, he seeks contact, he defends well. I think he should be the backup PG going forward while MCW plays more wing. I just think Wes is better than Augustin at this point. If he gets consistent minutes, he gets into grooves. That's just the way he plays. 

Where did this come from? People often say iwundu was Kansas State's point guard but he wasn't. He was a secondary guy. 

We were great without DJ and Evan. Both dribble too much and offence often  gets to the late clock situations and bad forced shots. With both of them playing , Fultz for some reason plays SG which is not suiting him at all. Vs Lakers there was a great ball movement , pace , defence, energy.

i would love to see us trading Evan and DJ and play the way we played yesterday.

also we must stop

playing Birch at 4. Clark should start for now, he spreads the floor and plays decent defence.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Babir_9 said:

We were great without DJ and Evan. Both dribble too much and offence often  gets to the late clock situations and bad forced shots. With both of them playing , Fultz for some reason plays SG which is not suiting him at all. Vs Lakers there was a great ball movement , pace , defence, energy.

i would love to see us trading Evan and DJ and play the way we played yesterday.

also we must stop

playing Birch at 4. Clark should start for now, he spreads the floor and plays decent defence.

Rock on! I feel the exact same way. I love Dj and have great admiration for Evan. I just feel like they are the past and both will be gone after this year.

Dj is a good Dribbler, but we have to plan for a backup PG if we trade him. MCW is not a bad backup but he plays so hard he gets hurt.. i dont think long term having AG or Wes or someone else bringing the ball up unless they have proven handles

13 hours ago, Justin Jaudon said:

Murphy has talked garbage about Gordon for a long time. Nothing new. No reason to really respond beyond "hey, don't take this too seriously, anybody; this dude's a hater"

The rest of his opinions I'll give respect to, but dude legitimately is a Gordon hater.

Exactly, a reason why it's useless to even show the numbers and stats he was talking about..

I had my concerns too on him recently, still think that we play a style and have him in a role that doesn't fit well, but saying that he's declining in the last two years it's just a lie, whatever number is provided.