Bauncey Chillups

2019 Offseason Thread

18 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

I don't know. 

Bamba basically had the exact same rookie season as any high end defensive minded center over the past 30 years. 

Bogut, Chandler, Drummond, ibaka, Adams, gobert, Camby, Dalembert, mutombo were all ready to start by the midpoint of their second season

DeAndre Jordan, Nurkic, capela, Ratliff, Wallace, Rollins were not ready. 

I agree we do not know and that is why the FO gets paid the big bucks....to make the right decisions.....they should have a good educated guess.    I would put Bamba in that former group (and I think the top end of that former group) and not that latter group.    He was a #6 pick, fortunately for us, due to the depth of the "big" position last year.  I saw enough signs, even on the offensive end, that he could easily be ready in year 2, maybe it will be the halfway point.  He won't be an All Star but neither was Isaac and I could see a jump like that.    Offense will probably be a challenge (assuming other players do not step up and they might) but we will start establishing our identity as a  defensive team.  I just see  Vuc on this team as a negative development to Bamba and the identity of this team.  Worse if we tie up money in Vuc we have less to pursue a FA next summer.  Another pick in next year's draft plus the flexibility (close to max hopefully) to pursue the top tier of FA's next year would solidify our future.  

2 hours ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

Just another example of teams not seeing Vuc as an All Star.  In the mid point of this season Vuc was listed as the #8 FA in this year's class.  How times change.   Fool's gold as we all know.  Vuc, for us,  should be a sign and trade.  I would concede, for all those anxious about Bamba, which I do not share, we could give him a 1 year $25 million deal (could add in a team option for year 2).  His market and money is drying up.   

My Magic heart is hurting right now. I love Kemba. I hope for one of two things:

1. Fultz comes back with a vengeance 

2. We sign Russell or Brogdon

Let’s go!

15 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

My Magic heart is hurting right now. I love Kemba. I hope for one of two things:

1. Fultz comes back with a vengeance 

2. We sign Russell or Brogdon

Let’s go!

It is a shame in a year when free agency is loaded that we are one year away from having the kind of money needed to pursue them.  Thanks Hennigan.  Your point #1 would be justice for our FO and the 76'er's many years of tanking.  Laker's appear to be on the verge of correcting their mistake with Russell.  I hope giving up on Fultz becomes the 76'er's nighmare and our All Star.

10 minutes ago, Originalticketholder said:

It is a shame in a year when free agency is loaded that we are one year away from having the kind of money needed to pursue them.  Thanks Hennigan.  Your point #1 would be justice for our FO and the 76'er's many years of tanking.  Laker's appear to be on the verge of correcting their mistake with Russell.  I hope giving up on Fultz becomes the 76'er's nighmare and our All Star.

I feel like if Fultz becomes all star quality then hes also gonna be superstar quality as he has the physical gifts to dominate 

2 hours ago, Originalticketholder said:

Just another example of teams not seeing Vuc as an All Star.  In the mid point of this season Vuc was listed as the #8 FA in this year's class.  How times change.   Fool's gold as we all know.  Vuc, for us,  should be a sign and trade.  I would concede, for all those anxious about Bamba, which I do not share, we could give him a 1 year $25 million deal (could add in a team option for year 2).  His market and money is drying up.   

Or just let him walk. That is an option. 

4 hours ago, Originalticketholder said:

If we release the rights to Ross and Vooch and stretch Moz, we can still free up 28 million to sign one of those guys.