Bauncey Chillups

2019 Offseason Thread

Just curious why we think a NYT reporter would have an inside scoop on what our FO is planning.  Is there a Stein connection?

The problem with the signing isn't the money, the length, or even the player.  Its the fit of the player with what we think we are trying to develop.  I'm ready for rock solid defense and an opportunistic offense.

I pray this doesn’t go through. Would be a terrible decision. If we couldn’t trade Vuch on a 12 per year contract, he is never going anywhere on a 20+ year contract. He slows the team down and keeps the team from playing the way every other player on our team suggests we should play. And, his production is replaceable.

of all of his comparables, none are making big contracts. That should tell everyone something.

The fact that this is so obviously an astronomically stupid plan gives me some hope that it can’t actually be real. 

So who else on this team is ready to put up an efficient 20 and 12? Who's ready to be a go to option? Were still developing our high ceiling guys. AG was the up and comer but hes discovered his role to be a lock down defender and Jack of all trades offensively. Next is isaac and discover his best role then bamba and hopefully fultz then okeke. You have to have patient and they to get better each year. You cant just throw out quality players because you project a player to hopefully be better then him one day. 

If we sign Vuc to that deal and then trade Mo I'm not sure I'll ever recover from it.

Mo is exactly the center we need for this roster we're building. If he's not ready to start then get a stop gap signing, it isn't hard to do that.

Why bother building a roster with all these athletic, two way, uptempo kind of players then put Vuc as the centre piece. It's just completely absurd. If Mo is the exact center for the roster we are building, Vuc is the polar opposite. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, The Boss said:

If we sign Vuc to that deal and then trade Mo I'm not sure I'll ever recover from it.

Mo is exactly the center we need for this roster we're building. If he's not ready to start then get a stop gap signing, it isn't hard to do that.

Why bother building a roster with all these athletic, two way, uptempo kind of players then put Vuc as the centre piece. It's just completely absurd. If Mo is the exact center for the roster we are building, Vuc is the polar opposite. 

Vuc is this rosters training wheels. When were ready to roll without him,  take him off. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, hootie249 said:

Guys,relax. I wish our management was Morey,Presti or Masai. The last 5 to 10 years many have said these guys were at the forefront. Only Masai has the ring but i've always been impressed by the other two. They spot talent, they aren't afraid to make a mistake, they make moves!

But fellas, it's 90 million dollars. This isn't Biyombo all over again.I am on the side that knew Elfrid,Vooch and Fournier weren't taking us anywhere. We all saw mediocrity. Vucevic will age well, he is an asset. While other franchises are throwing 100 million plus contracts at guys who did things in the past, i'm sure he will be good in the future.

Why am i so sure? He always was the most consistent player the whole rebuild. Even Oladipo has only had one good year!. SO.........R.E.L.A.X. 

I hated the same guys you did the whole rebuild. Vooch will be the same guy the whole 4 years. If Evan can have a rebound year and even one of our guys break out we are good! After the draft i had a revelation, they have a plan! So lets not be disgusted by resigning our all-star to less then 100 million. Lets move forward, and wait for the big move.

It's coming within a year or two.

Edit: if the contract holds it's not a star contract. Look around after the week, all the stars will be getting 140- 180 million.

Heck look at the contracts for Lowry, Derozan and Ibaka. None of them were really at the level they are getting paid yet each in his own way paved the way for a ring!

I couldnt agree with you more. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Magicfan1987 said:

So who else on this team is ready to put up an efficient 20 and 12? Who's ready to be a go to option? Were still developing our high ceiling guys. AG was the up and comer but hes discovered his role to be a lock down defender and Jack of all trades offensively. Next is isaac and discover his best role then bamba and hopefully fultz then okeke. You have to have patient and they to get better each year. You cant just throw out quality players because you project a player to hopefully be better then him one day. 

Because he's not an extraordinary offensive player (he's not a closer, shot creator, high volume guy) you can divide his offensive responsibilities between the rest of the rotation and they'll absorb it. 

1 minute ago, ?4thewin said:

Because he's not an extraordinary offensive player (he's not a closer, shot creator, high volume guy) you can divide his offensive responsibilities between the rest of the rotation and they'll absorb it. 

But who's creating gravity against defenses on this team?