Sign in to follow this  
Jay Magic

2019 NBA Playoff Thread

The more I watch of the playoffs, the better I feel about stealing a game from Toronto, and them having to work to get by us. Still disappointed with the play of Vuc and Fournier against them, but the Raptors definitely have shown that they are among the elite teams in the league to anyone that still had any doubts.

On 6/3/2019 at 10:06 PM, TrueMagicFan07 said:

Why is this game thread still pinned? I didn't know the Magic were still in the playoffs.

This isn't a game thread. It's a place to discuss the playoffs

Steph vs Toronto tonight and the Raps get the W... I’m still pulling like crazy for the Dubs only because I hate Serge because of his attitude when he was here and I think “Flop” Lowry might be my least favorite player to ever watch play basketball... Hopefully we get to see full strength vs full strength at some point this series

Warriors now down 3 games to 1. Yes there is no KD but this has still been an impressive display of basketball here by Toronto. Leonard has been awesome. I thought even without KD that Golden State would still handle the Raptors. Looks like I will be incorrect. And now what happens to Durant after the Finals ? Is he pretty much out the door now ? Were they better off bringing Boogie back for this series ?

Also do we Magic fans feel a little better now knowing that the Raptors are about to become NBA Champions ? Especially if they knock off the Warriors in 5 games. Clearly these dudes are the real deal. KL is an absolute beast.

All I have to say is that the Warriors have been broken tonight by 2014 Green...and MVP Leonard.  The injuries hit them at a tough time where they didn't have a consistent lineup game to game.  Its unfortunate they faced the Raptors....the only basketball team Canada has.  Its basically international game.  Canada vs. USA.  There's not enough Warriors fans to make up for a country. 

Kawhi Leonard is absolutely resilient.  The Raptors lulled the Warriors into that regular season false sense of security they've gotten into.  They've gotten comfortable from playing from behind and the fact that they couldn't come back against the Raptors..broke them.  

On 6/3/2019 at 10:44 AM, jmmagicfan said:

The more I watch of the playoffs, the better I feel about stealing a game from Toronto, and them having to work to get by us. Still disappointed with the play of Vuc and Fournier against them, but the Raptors definitely have shown that they are among the elite teams in the league to anyone that still had any doubts.

I was one who had some doubts about Toronto. But they have done a lot to change my opinion, as they are about to become NBA Champions real soon. Plenty to look forward to for all us Magic fans. The future is bright. That I can tell you.

Yeah... if KD is still out on Monday, it’s over. Even if he comes back, it still might be.

Warriors don’t have the depth for this overload of injuries and Steph, Klay and Draymond all looked absolutely gassed. No effort, missed free throws, no rebounding and absolutely no defense down the stretch, it’s hard not to think it’s over.

• Like 1

Warriors about to win as many games against Toronto as we did. 

Seeing Ibaka contribute meaningfully still gives me indigestion. Especially when he still bites on every pumpfake like a doofus.