Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Magic vs. Nets - Friday, January 18 @ 7 :00 P.M.

23 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

It's not even really a vucevic problem tbh. It's a "here you go buddy, take the ball and bail us out" problem. He's not good enough to do that. It's really easy to defend. 

You need a guy who can break down defenders in multiple ways. He’s also got to be able to stretch the floor and get to the line. We don’t have and haven’t had that since at least Dipo.

1 hour ago, The Neighborhood Bully said:

The Nets bench outscored us 52-34 last night.  Their bench is the best in the league, and we're ranked 26.  Last year our bench was ranked 23, and 27 the year before that.

Sounds like a product of a management team that thinks drafts flatten out after pick 22. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Magicman28 said:

You need a guy who can break down defenders in multiple ways. He’s also got to be able to stretch the floor and get to the line. We don’t have and haven’t had that since at least Dipo.

Yeah, don’t disagree, but that still gets back to the narrative of needing last minute heroics. That should never have been necessary last night.  No one is always going to make a last second shot.  Better not to rely on those.  114 points with a 21 point lead should be enough to win without needing last second shots.  

9 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

Yeah, don’t disagree, but that still gets back to the narrative of needing last minute heroics. That should never have been necessary last night.  No one is always going to make a last second shot.  Better not to rely on those.  114 points with a 21 point lead should be enough to win without needing last second shots.  

I don’t mean last second. I mean someone who can just take over. Defense is so important but there is something to having a guy who can take over that deflates opposing defenses. I mean take a look at us. We’ll play solid defense but then you get that one guy who just can’t be stopped and it tends to make defenses wanting to say “forget it.” Plus it does do something to the morale of the team knowing you got a guy who’s going to carry you. We don’t have that. Haven’t had that, for a long time.

1 hour ago, Magicman28 said:

I don’t mean last second. I mean someone who can just take over. Defense is so important but there is something to having a guy who can take over that deflates opposing defenses. I mean take a look at us. We’ll play solid defense but then you get that one guy who just can’t be stopped and it tends to make defenses wanting to say “forget it.” Plus it does do something to the morale of the team knowing you got a guy who’s going to carry you. We don’t have that. Haven’t had that, for a long time.

I’m with you, but we can’t just let one guy heat up and torch us every night.  Usually starts with us letting up on defense and giving them some open looks, then they start to feel it and before you know it everyone  becomes like Stephan Curry against us.  Keeping up the defensive intensity for the whole game would put a stop to that.  

We scored 114 last night.  How many more should we have to score to win a game in regulation? I don’t believe that offense was the problem last night. 

14 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

I’m with you, but we can’t just let one guy heat up and torch us every night.  Usually starts with us letting up on defense and giving them some open looks, then they start to feel it and before you know it everyone  becomes like Stephan Curry against us.  Keeping up the defensive intensity for the whole game would put a stop to that.  

We scored 114 last night.  How many more should we have to score to win a game in regulation? I don’t believe that offense was the problem last night. 

How about 4 more points? That surely would of secured the win. 

17 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

We only scored 48 in the 2nd half. In all of these blown leads we score under 50 in the 2nd half. The offense isn’t blameless at all

13 minutes ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

How about 4 more points? That surely would of secured the win. 

So we need 118 to win now?   I don’t think we’re built to outscore other teams by trading punches like that. 

13 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

We only scored 48 in the 2nd half. In all of these blown leads we score under 50 in the 2nd half. The offense isn’t blameless at all

Agree.  I said in an earlier post that when the team has a decent lead, they let up on both ends of the floor, and stop working as hard for good shots on offense.  To me, that is the narrative, rather than us needing  someone who can take the game into their own hands at the end after we’ve let things slip away.  

27 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

So we need 118 to win now?   I don’t think we’re built to outscore other teams by trading punches like that. 

I was just being a bit of a dick I agree but yes 118 would of won us the game.

13 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

Agree.  I said in an earlier post that when the team has a decent lead, they let up on both ends of the floor, and stop working as hard for good shots on offense.  To me, that is the narrative, rather than us needing  someone who can take the game into their own hands at the end after we’ve let things slip away.  

We need a guy who can take over at times to squelch any run or momentum the other team gets. That puts the dagger in them and it never comes down to the last second.