Sign in to follow this  
Fultz4thewin

Magic vs Spurs

Just now, MagicOne said:

Would it be a fair assessment to say that pretty much all of the Magic players would be bench players on most NBA teams ? Perhaps Vooch would be the only starter ?

No. 

It's 2 am here so I'll post some more ideas:

Vucevic for Ingram (and other assets to make it work)

+

Gordon for Beal

some random PG, Beal, Ingram, Isaac, Bamba

You'd have two wings that could create and put pressure on the opposing defense. Aaron Gordon can't dribble past me and my bum ankle

• Downvote 1

Just now, Mauro Pedrosa said:

+

Gordon for Beal

You'd have two wings that could create and put pressure on the opposing defense. Aaron Gordon can't dribble past me and my bum ankle

Have you seen Ingram lately?

Just now, ?4thewin said:

I think it's a mistake to label any position as most important. Teams succeed in different ways. Houston had a weak small forward last year. Denver doesn't have a good small forward. Portland doesn't. San Antonio's is Rudy gay. Memphis doesn't. Detroit doesn't. 

Furthermore if you want to be successful positions matter none. As of now our roster is a bit of a mess as it is half new age bball and half old school lane filling bball. If we continue to build with players who can play multiple positions the burden of carrying won't rely on any one position. 

19 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

I think you're being myopic because tonight isn't going well so you're trying to project as if tonight if going to continue forever. 

I dont think he is off with his statements. Think about it. Look at the stats of the 3 playing together. The offensive efficency has been awful at that is likely why we rarely see them playing together. 

Maybe we are over valuing Bamba, maybe not. Maybe we think too high of Gordon or maybe not. But one thing that is certain is that they are currently very valuable and if the can help us fetch a proven star then we shouldn’t be blind to the idea of give one of this guy away. 

I like JI over the other two. it is to early to judge on Bamba and we need to give him more time. With AG we need to be more Demanding. He needs to me more aggressive offensively and not rely too much in his 3’s. 

If AG  can get us a guy like CJ mccollum or AG and Fournier can get us Beal and Porter then you have to consider. 

We need to pair This 3 guys wirh a very offensive minded PG.  but who?

2 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Have you seen Ingram lately?

4 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

+

Gordon for Beal

Wouldn’t think twice. Done deals 

Right now the way Gordon is playing the only thing the Magic could get in return would be a '79' Pinto and a bag of Dorito's. I did hear that Kemba Walker would like to play for Cliff again. Now that would be great if he were to come to Orlando.

9 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

I dunno. I've watched the last 6 years. I think building a team around vucevic and falling for contact year production is a mistake. 

No I agree lol. It wasn’t a compliment.

10 minutes ago, MagicOne said:

When Friday night rolls around and it is 0-0 before the opening tip then order will be completely restored in the universe. Hope will be alive and well. The negative energy will disappear faster than a bike seat under one of the Kardashian sisters. The Magic will be back.  It's a new beginning here.

MagicOne, you are so funny!!! I just crack up laughing every time I read one of your quips. Thanks for keeping things in a not so somber mood around here (for me, at least).

I will give you a negative on the first sentence. But I will give you a positive with your second and third sentence. So I will leave you alone on this one. 

Yeah I’m high on Isaac over the other two. Gotta give Bamba time, I think he will come good and be a beast. I think we get what we can for AG, id ask fo McCollum, Beal, walker or Rozier/Brown package.