Odin

Trade Thread

Here's how you know that's BS.

1. Unspecific time that implies recent communication but isn't specific. Nobody speaks this way. I spoke to my mom yesterday. I spoke to (client) last Thursday. I don't say I spoke to my mom within the last several days. 

2. He's pretending to be sick for the past few days because the situation is so bad. How's  "positive communication" make any sense in light of that. 

I'm surprised Shams is letting himself be used like this

2 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Here's how you know that's BS.

1. Unspecific time that implies recent communication but isn't specific. Nobody speaks this way. I spoke to my mom yesterday. I spoke to (client) last Thursday. I don't say I spoke to my mom within the last several days. 

2. He's pretending to be sick for the past few days because the situation is so bad. How's  "positive communication" make any sense in light of that. 

I'm surprised Shams is letting himself be used like this

Cuban or maybe he is a Mavs fan?

Just now, Jay Magic said:

Cuban or maybe he is a Mavs fan?

I think he's just trusting a source that's usually straight with him but using him this time. 

Guys give out regular information for times like this. 

Just now, ?4thewin said:

I think he's just trusting a source that's usually straight with him but using him this time. 

Guys give out regular information for times like this. 

i hear that. Do you think he is gone for sure 110%

I would have totally believed it if they said "members of the Mavs front office have been in contact with Smith tonight. Team believes Smith will rejoin team activities over the next few days"

But that statement, no way. 

2 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

i hear that. Do you think he is gone for sure 110%

Pretty much. Until you hear specifically that Smith has met with Carlisle. 

1 minute ago, ?4thewin said:

Pretty much. Until you hear specifically that Smith has met with Carlisle. 

yeah i get that .. thanks. 

3 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

Carlisle had a bad relationship with Jason Kidd and rondo too. 

DSJ isn't absolved from fault but I don't blame a guy for betting put into a situation where he can't play to his strengths at all

No relationship breakdown is 100% one person's fault.  But it can be 10%/90% or 20%/80%....etc.  This appears to be a broken relationship that is probably not fixable so I hope our FO is patient.  Potentially this situation goes toxic and Cuban will not let that go on very long.  Players (hopefully Fournier) plus Top 10 first round protected pick if it is next year's pick is the best I hope we offer and players off limits are Gordon, Bamba, and Isaac.  DSJ was #9 in 2017 so I would hope we give nothing better.  

If I was our management I would tell them they have 24 hours to put a deal together or we will continue our search elsewhere.

There are other PGs out there and not a lot of teams looking.

On another note, not to be a starter for a while but I wonder what it would take to pry SGA away from the Clips?

• Downvote 1