Odin

Trade Thread

7 hours ago, Jay Magic said:

Yh I ain't giving up a pick unless it is a 2nd.

He's crazy. I'd definitely give up the pick. Smith is a better bet than most players outside of the top 4. 

This dude loves himself some Vooch.

Fournier + Bamba + a pick.  Yeah I think we should just wait until summer to fill the position if that's the asking price.

6 minutes ago, ML6 said:

This dude loves himself some Vooch.

Fournier + Bamba + a pick.  Yeah I think we should just wait until summer to fill the position if that's the asking price.

The options aren’t good this summer and yeah ideally you don’t want to include Bamba but finding a C is a lot easier to do than finding a PG.

2 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

The options aren’t good this summer and yeah ideally you don’t want to include Bamba but finding a C is a lot easier to do than finding a PG.

If it was just Bamba straight up it could at least be a discussion.  Bamba plus 2 other significant assets?  Nah, that's a huge overpay and we should just take our chances elsewhere.

1 minute ago, Magicman28 said:

I'm not trading Bamba and the pick. 

If Bamba is involved it should be basically Bamba for Smith straight up. 

Bamba and Smith are similar prospects but saying "we're shopping Smith" gives us the advantage

5 minutes ago, ML6 said:

If it was just Bamba straight up it could at least be a discussion.  Bamba plus 2 other significant assets?  Nah, that's a huge overpay and we should just take our chances elsewhere.

Yeah  I agree. I was just referring to Bamba.

5 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

I'm not trading Bamba and the pick. 

If Bamba is involved it should be basically Bamba for Smith straight up. 

Bamba and Smith are similar prospects but saying "we're shopping Smith" gives us the advantage

Yup. I was just saying if Bamba was involved, it would suck but we could always find a C.

I would love the Fournier+filler+1st for DSJ and Matthews, but have we thought about what Dallas needs?

I'm pretty sure they'll want to be a player in next season free agency, so I doubt they'll take long term salaries (unless they're really really high on him)

Two concerns: he's missing quite a lot of games for different reasons, and Carlisle is usually a great coach that knows how to use talent properly.

So, I agree with everyone that would not trade BIG for him, but I would give up future 1st+other assets for sure. Worth the risk.

4 minutes ago, Luke_FfS said:

I would love the Fournier+filler+1st for DSJ and Matthews, but have we thought about what Dallas needs?

I'm pretty sure they'll want to be a player in next season free agency, so I doubt they'll take long term salaries (unless they're really really high on him)

Two concerns: he's missing quite a lot of games for different reasons, and Carlisle is usually a great coach that knows how to use talent properly.

So, I agree with everyone that would not trade BIG for him, but I would give up future 1st+other assets for sure. Worth the risk.

Here's the reason behind your concerns

If they're super interested in just clearing cap space I'd do our pick top 4 protected, the OKC pick, and Simmons for dsj.