Odin

Trade Thread

1 hour ago, ?4thewin said:

Robbins gets ticked when we post his articles and I'd like to stay in his good graces. But here's a summary:

1. There's no way we're trading Bamba. "Rumors are completely false"

2. The rumors that Gordon is on the block come from other teams' perceptions of him having a redundant skill set with Isaac. But the magic don't believe that. 

3. "Vuc's status as an all star has no impact on strategy going forward". But that doesn't mean we're trading him (as we're close to the playoffs). Basically the dilemma we talk about here. If we dump him we're going to get worse in the short term. If we don't trade him we might lose him for nothing. Resigning him might not make sense

Maybe Robbins should try to stay in your good graces. lol.   I think I have read you saying pretty much  the same things before this  Robbins article.  Yours may have been your opinions, not from sources, but they were correct.  

With three days to go until the trade deadline, the Jazz and Pistons remain the teams most frequently named as potential suitors for Mike Conley. Tony Jones of The Salt Lake Tribune reports that the Grizzlies are talking to both Utah and Detroit, adding that both clubs have made competitive offers for the veteran point guard (all Twitter links).

As previous reports have suggested, the Jazz’s offer for Conley centers around Ricky Rubio and a first-round draft pick, though at least one more player would need to be added for salary-matching purposes and Memphis may be seeking an additional pick.

According to Vince Ellis of The Detroit Free Press, who confirms that the Pistons have engaged in talks with the Grizzlies, it’s fair to surmise that Detroit has offered Reggie Jackson and a first-rounder for Conley. However, a source tells Ellis that the Grizzlies would “want more.” Ellis wonders if adding Luke Kennard would be enough — and whether it’d be worth it for the Pistons.

Like the Jazz, the Pistons would also have to add at least one more player to their offer in order to match Conley’s salary. Many of Detroit’s most expensive contracts – including Jackson’s – are multiyear deals, while Utah has sizable expiring contracts like Rubio’s and Derrick Favors‘ available. The Grizzlies’ willingness to take on multiyear money is unclear, but those expiring deals would allow for more flexibility.

doesn't sound like we're interested in Conley

Yea. Apparently Conley and Gasol Asking price is very high. They are asking for young talent, expiring AND at least two first rounds picks or a pick and taking bad contract back(Parson). Crazy.

I am sure their value will decrease as we approach the deadline. But Utah seems to be the front runner with Favor and Rubio expiring contracts and their first rounder. 

8 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

Yea. Apparently Conley and Gasol Asking price is very high. They are asking for young talent, expiring AND at least two first rounds picks or a pick and taking bad contract back(Parson). Crazy.

I am sure their value will decrease as we approach the deadline. But Utah seems to be the front runner with Favor and Rubio expiring contracts and their first rounder. 

The baseline deal is favors, Rubio, and their pick for Conley. Memphis "wants more than a couple vets who won't be there long and a pick in the 20s for Conley". 

We can beat that if we want to without taking back Parsons. 

24 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

The baseline deal is favors, Rubio, and their pick for Conley. Memphis "wants more than a couple vets who won't be there long and a pick in the 20s for Conley". 

We can beat that if we want to without taking back Parsons. 

What is your thinking? I mean, is not like Rubio or Favors are old.  Rubio is 28 and Favor is 27. 

I cant think of any combination of our players that will beat that offer unless we include one of the BIG and Vooch. 

9 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

What is your thinking? I mean, is not like Rubio or Favors are old.  Rubio is 28 and Favor is 27. 

I cant think of any combination of our players that will beat that offer unless we include one of the BIG and Vooch. 

Rubio is expiring and Favors has a massive team option, if the Griz are going full rebuild you don't have those guys next year. 

12 minutes ago, Tank Vogel said:

Rubio is expiring and Favors has a massive team option, if the Griz are going full rebuild you don't have those guys next year. 

Correct. It gives the team the option to sign them or they can go a different route. More options.

3 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

Robbins gets ticked when we post his articles and I'd like to stay in his good graces. But here's a summary:

1. There's no way we're trading Bamba. "Rumors are completely false"

2. The rumors that Gordon is on the block come from other teams' perceptions of him having a redundant skill set with Isaac. But the magic don't believe that. 

3. "Vuc's status as an all star has no impact on strategy going forward". But that doesn't mean we're trading him (as we're close to the playoffs). Basically the dilemma we talk about here. If we dump him we're going to get worse in the short term. If we don't trade him we might lose him for nothing. Resigning him might not make sense

I find this info to be really interesting. It tells me Welt-Ham see Bamba as our center of the future. I really wish someone would come with a legit offer for Vooch. Teams I think would want him include SA, SAC, PHIL, BOS, LAL and LAC.

58 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

Rubio is going elsewhere and favors isn't very enticing as a flippable asset. Memphis is going to want picks, young players, or guys they can flip for young players or picks in the future (like how we got Afflalo in the Dwight trade and then flipped him for Fournier). 

I think our pick top 4 protected, Fournier, Simmons, and Grant is enough to get Conley as there's a decent chance that pick ends up something like 9th, they get some cap space and flippable players in fournier and maybe Simmons if they rebuild his value. 

5 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Rubio is going elsewhere and favors isn't very enticing as a flippable asset. Memphis is going to want picks, young players, or guys they can flip for young players or picks in the future (like how we got Afflalo in the Dwight trade and then flipped him for Fournier). 

I think our pick top 4 protected, Fournier, Simmons, and Grant is enough to get Conley as there's a decent chance that pick ends up something like 9th, they get some cap space and flippable players in fournier and maybe Simmons if they rebuild his value. 

Curious who our management prefers: Conley or Fultz?