Odin

Trade Thread

Just now, Soul Bro said:

Thoughts on Jerome Robinson?

So he was supposed to be a late first rounder/early second rounder in the draft before the final month "where some teams fell in love with him" and he ended up going super early. 

He can shoot but he can't earn a shot in the rotation. He's a rookie so you can pretty much ignore whatever he does and build whatever narrative you want with him. 

He doesn't really fit our team building philosophy but maybe he's exactly what we need and just needs an opportunity. Or maybe he's just another three year college player who's game can't translate because he's not "the guy". 

So who knows. 

5 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

So he was supposed to be a late first rounder/early second rounder in the draft before the final month "where some teams fell in love with him" and he ended up going super early. 

He can shoot but he can't earn a shot in the rotation. He's a rookie so you can pretty much ignore whatever he does and build whatever narrative you want with him. 

He doesn't really fit our team building philosophy but maybe he's exactly what we need and just needs an opportunity. Or maybe he's just another three year college player who's game can't translate because he's not "the guy". 

So who knows. 

I know little about him besides his good stats as he ended college and those he’s posted in the g-league this year. I read recently from the Clips’ media that people think he should be getting Bradley’s minutes but Doc is being Doc. 

We need a major upgrade at both guard positions, especially with scoring and shooting in mind, so he might be a decent get.

13 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

I know little about him besides his good stats as he ended college and those he’s posted in the g-league this year. I read recently from the Clips’ media that people think he should be getting Bradley’s minutes but Doc is being Doc. 

We need a major upgrade at both guard positions, especially with scoring and shooting in mind, so he might be a decent get.

I think the Bradley thing has more to do with Bradley being one of the least effective players vs confidence in Robinson. One of those "you can be young and bad or old and good but not old and bad" things

2 hours ago, JJZFL said:

Or they could just wait until the season is over and offer them whatever they want.  

They’re trying to make the playoffs and go far. LeBron is old. They need to win now while not sacrificing their chances to get AD

I want a monster here man. A Westbrook type of attitude. Dude isn’t always efficient but damn...No fire at all with us. 

Thats why I want DSJ here. He seems like he has that.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, hootie249 said:

Seriously his Value has never been higher. I wish him well, he can help the Lakers win, but he cannot help the Magic win. It's been 6 years already!

In my mind the only good thing about the Magic is Aaron Gordon. This is why there are 10 articles suggesting the Magic trade him to another team.

However, he needs help! He is officially on the clock, just like people talk about Anthony Davis.

Anthony Davis is 3 times as good as Gordon and his team is going to miss the playoffs too. How a team is constructed matters!

You need a creator at guard, you need a defensive wing. You have to have somebody who can create off the dribble. 

Then, if you have a couple of these players, you need someone who can shoot in the 4th quarter on a consistent basis.

Great  post.  And it is obvious we are not constructed correctly.  I did like the play of Bamba and Isaac (nneds to work on his shooting) last night (and I consider both in their rookie campaigns) and think they and Gordon are a good start for our construction.  A lot has been said about this being a contract year for Vuc for his stellar play.  I love Ross's play  and he was the catalyst for the comeback last night along with great defensive play by Bamba and Isaac.  Ross can shoot but not much has been said about this being his contract year.   Would love to see him start at 2.  My instinct says resign him but my concern is he will go elsewhere to win before that can happen and we will lose him for nothing.  He has value also, maybe more than Vuch.  I would be aggressively shopping Fournier and Vuc and listening to offers for Ross.   Doing nothing or very little is the worst case scenario.  

1 hour ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

They’re trying to make the playoffs and go far. LeBron is old. They need to win now while not sacrificing their chances to get AD

Ok, good points. 

3 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

Ok, good points. 

I posted the proposal on the Lakers board and they seem to value Lonzo too much.

I’m not even sure he’ll fix his ft%

3 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

I posted the proposal on the Lakers board and they seem to value Lonzo too much.

I’m not even sure he’ll fix his ft%

Lakers fans on Twitter are all over the place valuing their young players. They spent so much time hyping these guys up but they've suuuuucked this year so now their value is all over the place. 

For real, Look how much the value Hart. Hart has been really, really bad this year. I dont even want him at this point.

Reminds me on how much the Toronto Raptors fans valued  Norman Powell a few years back.