Odin

Trade Thread

There's a chance Bamba doesn't become as good as Vuc is right now, but I'm really not overly invested in this. Our team doesn't have an obvious building block. Everyone is deeply flawed, so building a contender with what we have isn't an easy task.

i think we need to trade Fournier for someone like Bledsoe or teague if we cab. This two are on expiring contracts and see how it goes with a better PG

Then sign Ross for an extension and insert him in the starting line-up. 

Ride with Vuch til the trade deadline and see where we at then. If we are not making the playoff then trade him for a young PG(Rozier and Brown, Fultz or Ball) if possible. 

If we are doing well, keep him. Bamba is likely benefiting from his presence. He can keep helping Bamba to develop til the end of the year. Then we can decide wether we want to sign him or let him go. 

9 hours ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

There's a chance Bamba doesn't become as good as Vuc is right now, but I'm really not overly invested in this. Our team doesn't have an obvious building block. Everyone is deeply flawed, so building a contender with what we have isn't an easy task.

Building block, I see, is on the defensive side of the ball.  Gordon listed this week in a FanSided report as a top 10 defender (article also said Isaac may even be better just not enough starts), Bamba's defensive presence will only get better.  All three athletic, long, and interchangeable (earlier in the year Bamba played 4 with Vuc at 5).  The flaw you mention, and it is glaring, is on the offensive end.  Building block needed is that initiator of the offense, that star who can score and distribute.  It is not Fournier or Augustin and probably not Ross.  Isaac, in theory, could grow into it but not sure how long that would take.  Need serious help at 1 and 2 but at least we have 3, 4 and 5 solved

9 hours ago, magicdoc1 said:

i think we need to trade Fournier for someone like Bledsoe or teague if we cab. This two are on expiring contracts and see how it goes with a better PG

Then sign Ross for an extension and insert him in the starting line-up. 

Ride with Vuch til the trade deadline and see where we at then. If we are not making the playoff then trade him for a young PG(Rozier and Brown, Fultz or Ball) if possible. 

If we are doing well, keep him. Bamba is likely benefiting from his presence. He can keep helping Bamba to develop til the end of the year. Then we can decide wether we want to sign him or let him go. 

I am all for trading Fournier but I think we have to do the same with Vuc.  I think it boils down to dollars and cents.  We have Mosgov for another year at $17+ million.  Bamba at $6+ million and this year Vuc at $12 million (that makes $35 million at the center position).  Vuc will want more than a 1 year deal and more than $12 million next year.  Just cannot see tying up all those dollars at the center position.  So I would trade Vuc to get something back, hopefully a future PG.

8 hours ago, Originalticketholder said:

I am all for trading Fournier but I think we have to do the same with Vuc.  I think it boils down to dollars and cents.  We have Mosgov for another year at $17+ million.  Bamba at $6+ million and this year Vuc at $12 million (that makes $35 million at the center position).  Vuc will want more than a 1 year deal and more than $12 million next year.  Just cannot see tying up all those dollars at the center position.  So I would trade Vuc to get something back, hopefully a future PG.

sure, if the value is there. But making the playoff should be a priority. Vuc can get us there. If we are in that position, I will rather ride with him and let him go in the free agency. We do not need to get anything back. The 12 million expiring is , in my opinion, more valuable than a late first round pick. In other words, 12 millions can get you Ross. But if you trade vuc for a late first round pick then you might end up with only 6 millions left to use in the market as the other $ will be attached to the first round selection which will likely be a project. 

Yes, you can get Rozier or Russell now, but they will be expiring as well. Sooo is it worth it? I mean, We are in a very good position. We can also go after them in the offseason and with Vuc 12 million off the books, we will be able to pray them.  And why we are in a good position? you may ask. Because Boston and maybe Brooklyn knows that and in order for them  to get some talent back for the Playoff with Boston and maybe the OKC pick with Brooklyn ,they will have to sweet the deal. So Boston might include Brown and Brooklyn will give us Russell which will be a restrictive agent if I am not mistaken. 

With Fultz, We dont need to include Vuc. So we can work another deal for him. 

Also, The Laker scenario with Ball getting to us is not out of reach pending what happens along the trade deadline time with AD. 

4 hours ago, magicdoc1 said:

sure, if the value is there. But making the playoff should be a priority. Vuc can get us there. If we are in that position, I will rather ride with him and let him go in the free agency. We do not need to get anything back. The 12 million expiring is , in my opinion, more valuable than a late first round pick. In other words, 12 millions can get you Ross. But if you trade vuc for a late first round pick then you might end up with only 6 millions left to use in the market as the other $ will be attached to the first round selection which will likely be a project. 

Yes, you can get Rozier or Russell now, but they will be expiring as well. Sooo is it worth it? I mean, We are in a very good position. We can also go after them in the offseason and with Vuc 12 million off the books, we will be able to pray them.  And why we are in a good position? you may ask. Because Boston and maybe Brooklyn knows that and in order for them  to get some talent back for the Playoff with Boston and maybe the OKC pick with Brooklyn ,they will have to sweet the deal. So Boston might include Brown and Brooklyn will give us Russell which will be a restrictive agent if I am not mistaken. 

With Fultz, We dont need to include Vuc. So we can work another deal for him. 

Also, The Laker scenario with Ball getting to us is not out of reach pending what happens along the trade deadline time with AD. 

I would love to make the playoffs and as we get close to the trading deadline we will find out if that is a possibility.  Then we may learn a lot about this FO.  Playoffs vs future assets?  Salary cap concerns/management you mention are critical to a team's growth.  I have always been of the opinion we do not trade at all unless it is way superior in our favor.  Late first round pick next year is not it unless another player is involved.  Warming up to Russell a lot.  And Ball or Fultz are no brainers.  I love the potential of this team and upgrading 1 and 2 can only help.   I agree we are in a great position and hope we use this leverage in our favor.

5 hours ago, matthi32 said:

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y9hd7jkc + OKC-Pick for the Nets

Russell/Augustine/Briscoe

Bogdanovic/Crabbe/Simmons

Isaac/Simmons/Bogdanovic

Gordon/Isaac/Martin

Vuc/Bamba/Birch

I will love that but Why For Sacramento? Bogdanovic is on a very friendly contract and is better than Fournier to pair him next to Hield. 

23 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

The Captain Obvious trade is some deal of Vooch for Rozier. Let's play with packages around those two.

Deal.

Magic get: Brown, Rozier, Yabusele

Celtics get: Vucevic, Briscoe, 19’ 1st (top 8 protected)

Rozier, Brown, Isaac, Gordon, Bamba

Augustin, Ross, Simmons, Yabusele (or Birch)

54 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

I will love that but Why For Sacramento? Bogdanovic is on a very friendly contract and is better than Fournier to pair him next to Hield. 

The Kings could make the playoffs this year. Fournier is in the same age as Bagdanovic and should give them almost the same production on the court but with a worse contact. For taking the extra money from the Fournier contract they get a much needed SF (Hollis-Jefferson) who could start immediately. Fournier could be their 6. man.

Kings roster:

Fox/Mason/Ferrell

Hield/Fournier/Shumpert

Hollins-Jefferson/Fournier/Jackson

Bjelica/Bagley/Giles

Cauley-Stein/Koufos/Giles