Odin

Trade Thread

If I’m going to be honest, what bothers me most is how accepting some of the fanbase is with the situation when it should be deemed unacceptable. 

So if you guys want me out of here, say the word but let me a couple of things into perspective. As far as my fandom goes. 

Huge fan since I was a kid. I had the Shaq Reeboks and autograph plaque is Shaq on my wall growing up. I was crushed whe he left. 

I watched Penny Hardaway look like that guy. I was super excited every time I saw a Lil Penny pop up on my tv. The I was crushed when he left. 

I was thrilled when Grant Hill was signed. I didn’t know much about T-Mac but with GH injury I quickly learned. T-MAC was on such a different level and I watched every game the two scoring title years. He left I understood and with DH12 it looked like we had a future. Turns out we did. And we know how it ended i  2012. 

Fast forward to me as an adult. Despite living six hours away I came on vacation to watch Hennigan era Magic. My first game live was the one on January of 2016 when we snapped our January losing streak against the Celtics. I did the same the next year during the Ibaka experiment. We lost against the Pacers. 

Now I live here and want more than ever for us to not be NBA Siberia. But this long winded non-sense is essentially me saying I love the team, I love the city and I love to have something to be excited about. With all of that said, if you feel like I add nothing to these conversations and am not welcome, I’ll respect that. 

24 minutes ago, DocHoliday said:

I can’t reconcile the fact that you guys want to go all in on BIG when all indications is that someone is going to have to go. I mean I was super on board when we drafted Mo. He’s who I wanted over the Sextons and Youngs of the world. But even then people were saying we’d have to love someone. 

22 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Because Bamba plays 16mpg that coincides with Isaac on a break and a Grant-Ross-Isaac-Gordon-Bamba lineup would be terrible. 

It's not really feasible until we get a point guard. 

Edit: or Isaac becomes a reliable offensive threat and not a coin flip between being solid and being garbage

Exactly what he said!

4 minutes ago, DocHoliday said:

If I’m going to be honest, what bothers me most is how accepting some of the fanbase is with the situation when it should be deemed unacceptable. 

So if you guys want me out of here, say the word but let me a couple of things into perspective. As far as my fandom goes. 

Huge fan since I was a kid. I had the Shaq Reeboks and autograph plaque is Shaq on my wall growing up. I was crushed whe he left. 

I watched Penny Hardaway look like that guy. I was super excited every time I saw a Lil Penny pop up on my tv. The I was crushed when he left. 

I was thrilled when Grant Hill was signed. I didn’t know much about T-Mac but with GH injury I quickly learned. T-MAC was on such a different level and I watched every game the two scoring title years. He left I understood and with DH12 it looked like we had a future. Turns out we did. And we know how it ended i  2012. 

Fast forward to me as an adult. Despite living six hours away I came on vacation to watch Hennigan era Magic. My first game live was the one on January of 2016 when we snapped our January losing streak against the Celtics. I did the same the next year during the Ibaka experiment. We lost against the Pacers. 

Now I live here and want more than ever for us to not be NBA Siberia. But this long winded non-sense is essentially me saying I love the team, I love the city and I love to have something to be excited about. With all of that said, if you feel like I add nothing to these conversations and am not welcome, I’ll respect that. 

I’m with you. This FO is one of the highest paid and does the least. If they don’t get something done before the deadline. They need to be canned.

Just now, Magicman28 said:

I’m with you. This FO is one of the highest paid and does the least. If they don’t get something done before the deadline. They need to be canned.

They've literally had 1.5 years. You can't give them that kind of deadline, especially when you consider the mess that they have been trying to clean up since Henny left. 

19 minutes ago, TrueBlueDrew said:

Last 10 games, he's averaged 10 pts, 7 rbs, 2 ast, 1 blk. I

That's not as much of an issue as the 26% three point shooting over that period and 13% over the past 4 games

26 minutes ago, DocHoliday said:

No one wants you to leave or anyone to leave.

Here’s the thing. We’re all sick of losing and want to win. We just have different ideas on how we feel is the best way of going about fixing that. 

Some people just want to win now and are sick of being a bottom feeder and want any move that makes us better today. 

Some people still want to tank. 

Some people want to win as soon as possible but don’t want to take shortcuts that leave us as an average to good team but no real title hopes. 

At the end of the day we’re all magic fans and want the same thing. Don’t leave the forum. You’re a real fan and there aren’t many real magic fans out there. 

This is a good community here for the most part. Even when debates go more into the argument space most people can makeup after and be cool with each other. 

All this talk will just make it that much better when we’re finally good. 

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

That's not as much of an issue as the 26% three point shooting over that period and 13% over the past 4 games

Hence why he just needs to focus on his shot all off-season. But I think we are seeing the gradual development, especially considering he was injured a lot of his rookie year so he is really just getting his first taste of a full NBA season.

1 hour ago, DocHoliday said:

He can’t ball handle for the life of him.  Listen I’m rooting for the kid, but every time he touches he ball on anything but a lob it results in a fumble or strip. 

Lobs? What lobs?

3 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Who knew "Bamba could be a decent center faster than people realize" is such a contentious statement

Yea look what you did!!!!! Lol 

Either way people seem to have stronger opinions on Bamba than any other rookie I can remember. 

6 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Who knew "Bamba could be a decent center faster than people realize" is such a contentious statement

Lol we are so emotionally unstable when it comes to this damn team. Just flip a lid at a moments notice. Thursday can't come soon enough.