Odin

Trade Thread

42 minutes ago, s1n1st3r12 said:

Ok so this is my 2cents worth, it is a bit of a bummer we did not get DSJ and if our front office are trying to do something with NYK to get him here I would be ecstatic. As for Dallas being aggressive yeah that is true however they have been far luckier by drafting/trading for Doncic they pretty much go their player of the future. NYK obviously did not see Porzingas as their future and got him out of there. Personally if Porzingis breaks down Dallas have lost big on this trade so it is a flip of a coin. I dont think our FO would have been able to give Dallas what they wanted unless it was AG which of course we are high on. I am not sure if our FO is going to do anything extreme to get undervalued assests for what we want to get rid of as it seems like it would be counter productive. 

As for what I think we should go for is now Conley to get a PG for the time being, if we can flip some of the dead weight for some picks or upside players then fine. I am personally high on Jaymychal Green as a back up PF as well so we could package something to get Conley and him I would be happy for now. I would also like to see us go for a backup centre that could groom Bamba into something perhaps Tyson Chandler or a player like him with some grunt. 

NYK was looking real dumb for a quick moment, then came the reports of 2 future firsts. So I guess Perry isn't quite as bad as his predecessors.

2 hours ago, TrueBlueDrew said:

So someone explain this to me...

How do the Magic who are already struggling to appear like a competent organization and front office...

How do they survive the embarrassment of finally having an All-Star post Dwight...but then we trade him?

I know I said we should resign him while Bamba is developed...but I think this question needs to be considered more than just saying "trade him to make room for Bamba."

Say we don't trade him.  Then we're in the even worse situation of having to re-sign him to a multiyear deal, which is what I'm sure he'd require, or letting him walk for absolutely nothing in the off-season.  How do we look if our new All-Star leaves us and we get nothing at all in return?

35 minutes ago, Tank Vogel said:

Fournier and Simmons + top 4 + whatever 2nds or OKC 2020

This is one of the problems we face as fans.  We want to get rid of the players that we don't want any more and hope to get some good players for them. If we want to bring in a valuable player we are going to have to trade players/picks that are valuable in return.

6 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

Say we don't trade him.  Then we're in the even worse situation of having to re-sign him to a multiyear deal, which is what I'm sure he'd require, or letting him walk for absolutely nothing in the off-season.  How do we look if our new All-Star leaves us and we get nothing at all in return?

We need to trade him right now for the best deal we can get while his value is at the highest.

4 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

We need to trade him right now for the best deal we can get while his value is at the highest.

That's my point.  If we don't trade him, it puts us in a tough situation going into the summer.

2 hours ago, TrueBlueDrew said:

So someone explain this to me...

How do the Magic who are already struggling to appear like a competent organization and front office...

How do they survive the embarrassment of finally having an All-Star post Dwight...but then we trade him?

I know I said we should resign him while Bamba is developed...but I think this question needs to be considered more than just saying "trade him to make room for Bamba."

I want to win games. I could give two ****s about what others outside this fan base think of us. 

15 minutes ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

I want to win games. I could give two ****s about what others outside this fan base think of us. 

Vuch wins games?

29 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

That's my point.  If we don't trade him, it puts us in a tough situation going into the summer.

And it's not like we're gonna be like "man, if we only didn't trade vucevic we would have made the playoffs"

I'm not saying we HAVE to trade for Conley or Jrue. They might ask for something stupid for them. 

But we should at least flip a late second for somebody just to give us another look at a guy. 

9 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

Vuch wins games?

No he was saying it was potentially embarrassing to trade him after being an all star. I was saying I don't care what others think of our trades. I want to win not look good for media or teams that don't know the true value of Vuch.

5 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

I'm not saying we HAVE to trade for Conley or Jrue. They might ask for something stupid for them. 

But we should at least flip a late second for somebody just to give us another look at a guy. 

I get it but that is so ****ty. What would we be actually doing besides prolonging the inevitable? Just get something done that positively impacts this team. I really am at my wits end. Next week is going to be miserable. lol.