Odin

Trade Thread

For those who can't read everything out there.

-Mavs have been shopping him for weeks and nobody will give them a good offer because they know they want to move him

-if we'd offer Gordon they'd jump at the chance to complete the trade but we have no interest in trading Gordon

-DSJ is done with the Mavs

-Mavs aren't getting good offers so they're pushing for a reconcilation but want him back "on their own terms"

-Cuban and Nelson love DSJ. Carlisle is the one pushing for the trade. 

I think we're at the point where it's probably not going to happen, though there is still plenty of time. I'm proud of us for holding firm and not offering any of our young guys. No move is better than a bad move.

The recent "hopeful reconciliation" reports do seem like a semi-desperate attempt to salvage some value, for sure. I just am not feeling to optimistic that we'll find a way to get it done.

4 minutes ago, rekraprovert said:

I think we're at the point where it's probably not going to happen, though there is still plenty of time. I'm proud of us for holding firm and not offering any of our young guys. No move is better than a bad move.

The recent "hopeful reconciliation" reports do seem like a semi-desperate attempt to salvage some value, for sure. I just am not feeling to optimistic that we'll find a way to get it done.

He's definitely going to be traded within the next 10 days. Unless he returns to practice. 

We're definitely the favorite to land him but I don't think we're more likely to land him than the field. 

2 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

Fournier, HeHateMe and the rights to Fran for DSJ. Who’s with me? Lol

I’m good with that Im fine posting about Luka all day long over anyone on our team lol 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

Fournier, HeHateMe and the rights to Fran for DSJ. Who’s with me? Lol

No, not the rights to Fran - we might be able to get more for those - like a tissue or a toothpick, even. 

I hope were not playing hardball with them. I think if you can keep BIG and bring DSJ in we will be set up pretty great for the future. I would trade this years pick unprotected if that's what it takes.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, KRISH10 said:

I would trade this years pick unprotected if that's what it takes.

If I see this take one more time it might give me a heart attack.

1 minute ago, ML6 said:

If I see this take one more time it might give me a heart attack.

Unless we trade VUC and our season goes completely down the tubes it is highly unlikely that are pick would be a top 3 pick. I would rather guarantee ourselves a young PG who has been in the league, can shoot and is ultra athletic who also is a fierce competitor compared to a lets see what we get and hope it pans out pick.

1 minute ago, KRISH10 said:

Unless we trade VUC and our season goes completely down the tubes it is highly unlikely that are pick would be a top 3 pick. I would rather guarantee ourselves a young PG who has been in the league, can shoot and is ultra athletic who also is a fierce competitor compared to a lets see what we get and hope it pans out pick.

With our luck in the lotto, the one time we trade our pick unprotected, we'd end up getting the #1.

1 minute ago, KRISH10 said:

If the season were to end today, we would have approximately a 30% chance for a top 4 pick.  How negligible does that sound to you?

7 minutes ago, ML6 said:

If the season were to end today, we would have approximately a 30% chance for a top 4 pick.  How negligible does that sound to you?

We have had great odds before to get into the top 3 over the last couple of years and so far we have not been very lucky. Obviously it could happen but I would rather trade for him now than regret it next year, unless you truly believe Rozier is a better option and we can get him in the off season.