Bauncey Chillups

2019 NBA Draft Thread

2 hours ago, ChuckTaylor626 said:

I was thinking... I wish there was a good way for us to make a trade and get Coby White while still keeping our core intact...(Sigh) 

Eh. He's interesting but he's another guy who isn't worth the cost to move up for. 

I think he's Rodney Stuckey. 

1 hour ago, ?4thewin said:

Eh. He's interesting but he's another guy who isn't worth the cost to move up for. 

I think he's Rodney Stuckey. 

You could be right. I am all over the place. One minute I like NAW, the next, Little if he drops and so on. I can’t keep up. Have you zeroed in on a favorite yet?

I'm intrigued by Keldon Johnson, but I guess I'm intrigued by a lot of guys at this point.  It's kind of exciting but also nerve-wracking to think that there are probably a couple diamonds in the range we're picking -- gotta make the right choice.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, ChuckTaylor626 said:

You could be right. I am all over the place. One minute I like NAW, the next, Little if he drops and so on. I can’t keep up. Have you zeroed in on a favorite yet?

I like Little. My approach is flawed and probably contains a lot of wishful thinking. If we believe in our development staff I think he could become something like a better Pietrus. But I've always been biased to the outlier level athletes.

I just think he was put in a bad situation and played out of position and he was still able to average double figures despite given a tiny role with barely any minutes. If he cuts weight to play as a 2 and improves his lateral quickness back to what it was in high school he could be a special player. And at worst you end up with a Tyrus Thomas/Michael Kidd Gilchrist type guy. 

• Upvote 1

I like guys that are useful at worst. It's why I keep going back and forth on Langford. Because an optimistic projection of Langford gives you a well rounded scorer who can also play defense. And if he never turns into a star at least that gets you something like a fournier that can defend. 

But the worst case scenario of Langford is someone that's not an NBA player. A non shooter with an unremarkable first step who can't create offense for himself and isn't valuable off ball. 

It's also why I'm ok with NAW because I don't think there's a way he's not at least a rotation player. He's good at too many things to be worthless. 

Who is the comp for Herro? I know his length and lack of switchy defense doesn't match our model yet I'm curious. Thanks

44 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

Who is the comp for Herro? I know his length and lack of switchy defense doesn't match our model yet I'm curious. Thanks

Ive seen a lot of Nik Stauskas comparisons.

I wasn't a huge fan of Herro at first, but he's starting to warm up to me. I really like his offensive game, and he's been showing some potential as a ball handler as well. He doesn't have a long wingspan and won't be an elite defender, but I think he could be a guy who can contribute from day 1.

15 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

I find this site helpful: https://nbadraft.theringer.com/.

If I had to guess, I think we’re drafting NAW if he’s available.

I would be happy with a lot of guys. Using the link you provided ( thank you!)  I was just reading about Thybulle’s defense. Thinking back to the Raptors and how their defense pretty much shut us down I am intrigued by what Thybulle could bring. 

4 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

I'm concerned that if Bol Bol is on the board we'll take him.

My concern is we do not take the best player available.  At 16 my expectations are not that high.  Hopefully we have done our homework and if Bol Bol is taken it works out.  The upside is a former top 5 projected player who dropped due to injury.  Looking at this roster we need shooting but very close behind we need big guys. assuming we lose Vuc, do not bring back Martin and next year let Mozgov walk.  Besides that Disney and the Magic are married together, Bol Bol gets #8 and we have BB8.  Then may the force be with us. That was too good to pass up.  But I do not think we are taking Bol Bol so your concern should be minimal.