The Neighborhood Bully

2018-19 Official Season Discussion Thread

14 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Tomorrow’s  game is huge and I feel like the boys know this and will come with the same focus and intensity as the previous game. They know they hold their own fate and won’t let it slip through their fingers. Should be a fun day of basketball tomorrow nonetheless. 

• Like 1

Right now I have our playoff chances at around 38 percent. Everything is stacking up in the Hornets favor. There is a great chance here that they spoil our party. Not trying to be negative and I sure hope I am wrong. But when you look at our remaining 2 games and the Hornets last three it is pretty obvious the way things will probably play out.  I think we could be left out along with Miami. If we do miss out what will have cost us was losing those 3 straight games to the Bulls, Cavs, and Knicks. Either way it will have been a tremendous season and plenty to look forward to!

• Downvote 3

1 hour ago, MagicOne said:

Right now I have our playoff chances at around 38 percent. Everything is stacking up in the Hornets favor. There is a great chance here that they spoil our party. Not trying to be negative and I sure hope I am wrong. But when you look at our remaining 2 games and the Hornets last three it is pretty obvious the way things will probably play out.  I think we could be left out along with Miami. If we do miss out what will have cost us was losing those 3 straight games to the Bulls, Cavs, and Knicks. Either way it will have been a tremendous season and plenty to look forward to!

No, what will have cost us is losing to Charlotte with the playoffs on the line. Charlotte will be on a back-to-back coming from Cleveland. No excuse to lose that game if both teams are playing for the 8 spot.

1 hour ago, MagicOne said:

Nets won I see. Must win for us tomorrow. The playoffs depend on it.

While I prefer to win a Charlotte and Miami loss will put us in the playoffs too.  Charlotte loss to Detroit gets them to 43 losses and Miami loss gets them to 42 and we hold the tiebreaker on Miami.  Both play before we start so I hope we have the answer before we tip off.