The Neighborhood Bully

2018-19 Official Season Discussion Thread

1 minute ago, TrueBlueDrew said:

Yeah, I think our Front Office have made some really bad moves over the year. 

I think Henny had a chance to make something pretty special with Payton, Dipo, Harris, AG, Vuc which would've helped us recover since 2012. But they were too impatient and now we had to start over. 

It seems like this new FO is being super patient, which I'm glad about, I just want to make sure they know what they're doing moving forward. Can't draft all these great guys and not develop them into their full potential. A player development staff is just as important as drafting the right guys. 

Also can't draft guys that slide into the same positions because instead of playing them together naturally (Like Dipo/Harris for instance) you have to have one sub in for the other and they rarely see the floor together (Isaac/Bamba/Gordon). Until you commit one guy to the SF position (which I think needs to be Isaac), you're never going to really be able to see what that BIG lineup can be. 

I think 90% of us are just TIRED of Vuc and EF... Me personally, it's not the losing that gets to me, it's the losing without seeing a development plan in place. Im sick of it!!! Trade Vuc and EF and start building around Gordon, Isaac and Bamba. If we lose we lose.

Message for Martins: Stop putting a band aid over a gunshot wound.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

1. You keep making **** up about people saying Gordon is LeBron. I went through every post on this site that mentions both and there's only two statements that refer to Gordon as LeBron. The first was a troll post from Catalina during one of his better games. The second was me during his crazy summer league game where I was just being hyperbolic. Nobody ever seriously made this comparison. 

2. We don't really know what he is yet. He hasn't plateaued. His shooting efficiency is up. He keeps adding unexpected wrinkles to his game (like averaging 4.2 assists per game the last 26 games) don't know what he looks like in the future. 

3. You said the same thing about oladipo 

4. What position do you think he's playing?

And yet you continue making excuses for him thus proving my point. 

If i say anything remotely negative or if I’m critical of AG you just say I hate him. Proving my point even more. 

It wasn’t just Lebron. There were other perennial all star all nba type players that people were comparing AG too. If I wasn’t on my cell and driving I would check.  

22 minutes ago, KRISH10 said:

I think 90% of us are just TIRED of Vuc and EF... Me personally, it's not the losing that gets to me, it's the losing without seeing a development plan in place. Im sick of it!!! Trade Vuc and EF and start building around Gordon, Isaac and Bamba. If we lose we lose.

Message for Martins: Stop putting a band aid over a gunshot wound.

I agree with EF. I just dont think he needs to be in our long-term plans. However, it's really hard to say that we are improving as a team when we say "there's no development in place" then we trade the first potential all-star we've had since 2012. I would almost rather resign Vuc for a 3 year deal (team option on the 3rd), if he will and let Bamba back him up while he develops. 

Get me a PG worth his merit, look to sign a SG and build from there. If we could also keep Ross as our 6th man and team leader...that would be critical for our development as a legitimate brand again. 

3 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

And yet you continue making excuses for him thus proving my point. 

If i say anything remotely negative or if I’m critical of AG you just say I hate him. Proving my point even more. 

It wasn’t just Lebron. There were other perennial all star all nba type players that people were comparing AG too. If I wasn’t on my cell and driving I would check.  

I criticise because your take deserves criticism. Because you tend to take the thought process of "if it hasn't happened by now it's never going to happen". And that take has been wrong with almost every player we've seen leave here. 

I only defend Gordon for the same reason I defended oladipo and the same reason I push to keep Ross. Guys who can score and defend and make a positive impact are really difficult to find. And sometimes it takes a little while for guys to take that extra step. Like why kemba didn't become an all star until year 6, Rashard Lewis didn't make his leap until year 7, Kyle Lowry wasn't until year 8. 

I see something there in Gordon. That's why I defend him. 

8 minutes ago, TrueBlueDrew said:

I agree with EF. I just dont think he needs to be in our long-term plans. However, it's really hard to say that we are improving as a team when we say "there's no development in place" then we trade the first potential all-star we've had since 2012. I would almost rather resign Vuc for a 3 year deal (team option on the 3rd), if he will and let Bamba back him up while he develops. 

Get me a PG worth his merit, look to sign a SG and build from there. If we could also keep Ross as our 6th man and team leader...that would be critical for our development as a legitimate brand again. 

I  couldn’t agree with you more 

9 minutes ago, TrueBlueDrew said:

The problem is that we all know that VUC can not and will not fit in with the type of PG we want and need. We need an athletic, aggressive scoring PG (example: Kemba, DSJ, Wall, Kyrie etc.) In my opinion VUC will look very basic in a fast paced offense that's not built around him.

I'm just sick of tanking. Last year we just missed out on two players that could have changed our whole year.

I curse the wizards forever!

1 minute ago, hootie249 said:

I'm just sick of tanking. Last year we just missed out on two players that could have changed our whole year.

I curse the wizards forever!

What's sad is that we are NOT EVEN TANKING... Had we truly tanked for these last 7 years we would be a lot more further along.

29 minutes ago, KRISH10 said:

What's sad is that we are NOT EVEN TANKING... Had we truly tanked for these last 7 years we would be a lot more further along.

Yea we aren’t tanking we’re just that bad. This would be a lot less frustrating if we were tanking. 

1 hour ago, ?4thewin said:

I criticise because your take deserves criticism. Because you tend to take the thought process of "if it hasn't happened by now it's never going to happen". And that take has been wrong with almost every player we've seen leave here. 

I only defend Gordon for the same reason I defended oladipo and the same reason I push to keep Ross. Guys who can score and defend and make a positive impact are really difficult to find. And sometimes it takes a little while for guys to take that extra step. Like why kemba didn't become an all star until year 6, Rashard Lewis didn't make his leap until year 7, Kyle Lowry wasn't until year 8. 

I see something there in Gordon. That's why I defend him. 

Never said I want AG gone.

Really you’re just putting words in my mouth. Saying I hate him, etc. People just defend the hell outta him even when he plays bad. Literally always an excuse. Not like I was on here saying I wanted him gone and to not resign him. I never said that. 

My orginial point (which still stands) is there zero criticism allowed towards AG. None. There’s an excuse for anyone that has a critical take on him. I don’t think he’s a bad player. I don’t not like having him on the team. I just don’t see this all-pro player that others have been telling me about for 5 years. I see a guy that maxes out around 20 a game. Will always be a streaky scorer but can be a good glue type guy (hate that word) on a good team. Idk how me calling him a 3rd option equals me hating him and wanting him off the team. 

Me being critical of a guy who isn’t wildly inconsistent doesn’t mean I hate him and shouldn’t trigger people to call to his defense. I would love for him to be great. I’ll gladly accept being wrong when he becomes a perennial all star. 

Edit: Still trying to figure out why Bamba is being written off when I’m still being told 5 years later to be patient with AG. That’s all. 

1 hour ago, KRISH10 said:

No we wouldn't.  We'd be even more of a laughing stock than we are now. If we even still had a team in Orlando at that point.