The Neighborhood Bully

2018-19 Official Season Discussion Thread

19 minutes ago, TrueBlueDrew said:

It might have already been mentioned, but would you trade for Fultz if all they asked for was the top-20 protected OKC pick? I think I read an article that said if OKC lands somewhere in the top 20, then we retain the pick and all we would give up are future 2nd round picks. I would take a flyer on Fultz for that. I would also be interested to see what the Nets want for DRuss. With them playing pretty well right now, I bet they'd want some Fournier/Ross combo.

I think Vuc has been playing great...almost like the Magic drafted a guy to replace him and he's motivated to prove them wrong. I would love to see him continue to play like this with Bamba pushing him to improve his defensive awareness. It's almost like the Gortat/Howard thing. I think Vuc/Bamba compliment each other pretty well and could help each other out. 

The OKC pick is top 20 protected. If it lands 21-30 we get it. If it doesn't we get two seconds

25 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

The OKC pick is top 20 protected. If it lands 21-30 we get it. If it doesn't we get two seconds

For all the talk about the Process, Philly's missed on a LOT of high lottery picks.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, DirtDan2012 said:

For all the talk about the Process, Philly's missed on a LOT of high lottery picks.

Yeah but they got enough of them that they kept going for the home run. Struck out a few times and hit a few homers too!

20 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

I'm fairly concerned that Fournier can't play his designated role in Clifford's offense. Is he just in a slump or is there more?

Who knows. His entire season has been 2 bad games, 1 good game, 3 bad games, 2 good games. Going through his entire season you can't create a good 5 game stretch. 

6 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Who knows. His entire season has been 2 bad games, 1 good game, 3 bad games, 2 good games. Going through his entire season you can't create a good 5 game stretch. 

I don't think anybody knows but he is in his worse 3 game stretch of the season.  He sure did not help out last night and his 3rd quarter stretch of misses (3 straight I think) was a back breaker.  Not just missing but missing wide open shots.  Having said that I read an article yesterday that said our starting lineup is operating, statistically,  at a +4 differential vs our opponents.  Not being a stats person that sounds good but how much better could it be if Fournier was playing at just an average level?  Someone in the press needs to ask Clifford what is wrong with Fournier?  Clifford has to see it, right?

1 minute ago, Originalticketholder said:

I don't think anybody knows but he is in his worse 3 game stretch of the season.  He sure did not help out last night and his 3rd quarter stretch of misses (3 straight I think) was a back breaker.  Not just missing but missing wide open shots.  Having said that I read an article yesterday that said our starting lineup is operating, statistically,  at a +4 differential vs our opponents.  Not being a stats person that sounds good but how much better could it be if Fournier was playing at just an average level?  Someone in the press needs to ask Clifford what is wrong with Fournier?  Clifford has to see it, right?

Our starting wings have shot like hot garbage all year. It’s tough because Fournier often is forced into the go-to guy but he’s not that guy. We desperately need a guard or wing that can create his own shot. I just don’t know if it’s Fournier pressing or Clifford asking him to be the man.

2 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

I'm fairly concerned that Fournier can't play his designated role in Clifford's offense. Is he just in a slump or is there more?

I honestly think he's trying too much on the offensive end. He's chucking up some really bad shots lately especially his dribble step back 3. There were definitely a few times last night where he created unnecessary space to shoot when he could have easily just shot the ball where he was because the defender was being screened. 

33 minutes ago, WarDamnMagic said:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2807802-the-sixers-have-to-dump-markelle-fultz-but-good-luck-finding-a-trade-partner

nba execs doubt sixers can get a first for fultz... now is the perfect time to make a deal

If we can get him on the cheap, I'm in but I am curious as to hear the feedback from the doctors first.