The Neighborhood Bully

2018-19 Official Season Discussion Thread

2 hours ago, WarDamnMagic said:

Plus it’s going to be harder than people think. Boston made themselves nearly impossible to trade with based on how they allocated their their money and I don’t think anyone is giving up a top 10 pick for brown or rozier by themselves. So a top 15 pick from us and the 6th man of the year candidate that could help them win this year would be a great return. Sure it’s not as sexy as the fleece sweater deals Boston is used to getting but Boston is no longer in the market for project players that need to develop. They want that low salary finished product with playoff experience which T Ross is.

My thing is that I don't think Ainge likes to make deals where he doesn't think he is a clear winner. He'd rather let the player walk than hurt the mystique around him that he never "loses" a deal, and that you have to give up a lot to get anything from him. It creates an automatic high anchor point in negotiations for other GMs when they deal with him where they have to be prepared to give up a lot in terms of assets to get what they want from him.

1 hour ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Wow.. 90% of our 3 point attempts are either “open” or “wide open”. That’s insane 

It's a testament to Gordon's improvement as a passer and shot selection, vucevic's threat as a shooter screwing up defensive geometry, Clifford's offense making guys collapse the defense which causes them to scramble, and guys buying in to that offense by making the right pass instead of determining who deserves the next attempt. 

53 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

It's a testament to Gordon's improvement as a passer and shot selection, vucevic's threat as a shooter screwing up defensive geometry, Clifford's offense making guys collapse the defense which causes them to scramble, and guys buying in to that offense by making the right pass instead of determining who deserves the next attempt. 

Also to the fairly constant movement we have on offense. I don't see too many offensive sets where guys are just standing around anymore. Instead almost everyone seems to be in fairly constant motion, or doing something to keep at least one defender occupied.

13 minutes ago, Odin said:

Also to the fairly constant movement we have on offense. I don't see too many offensive sets where guys are just standing around anymore. Instead almost everyone seems to be in fairly constant motion, or doing something to keep at least one defender occupied.

Yeah, this has stuck out to me significantly during our good stretch.  A welcome change from the Vogel teams.

3 minutes ago, ML6 said:

Yeah, this has stuck out to me significantly during our good stretch.  A welcome change from the Vogel teams.

Yeah. The funny thing is the strong side action is similar. We had no weakside movement though. 

Shows how small things like having a guy stand still for a few plays can kill an offense. 

The magic officially have a coach.  With the stats that have been mentioned in this thread.  Its has become overt while observing player and ball movement.  The success.is legitimate.  

2 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Lets get him in a deal that doesn't involve DJ and just ease him back slowly or even send him off for rehab to get right. Surely his value can't get much lower than this. He has a lot of potential still and shouldn't be a huge risk in terms of what it would cost to get him (seeing as though Sixers are in win now mode and he's clearly on the way out).

3 minutes ago, The Boss said:

Lets get him in a deal that doesn't involve DJ and just ease him back slowly or even send him off for rehab to get right. Surely his value can't get much lower than this. He has a lot of potential still and shouldn't be a huge risk in terms of what it would cost to get him (seeing as though Sixers are in win now mode and he's clearly on the way out).

Yeah. His value keeps dropping. I wonder if we could get him for Grant and Simmons