The Neighborhood Bully

2018-19 Official Season Discussion Thread

1 hour ago, Catalina Maria said:

Since the All Star break, some are beginning to argue we already are serious contenders.

Nobody is arguing that. 

9 minutes ago, DirtDan2012 said:

Damn.... Boston's getting their teeth kicked in this afternoon.

They're so sloppy and lifeless. 

I kinda feel like we're better than them which sounds crazy leaving my mouth but we're like a machine right now. Sure we could lose games when our shots stop falling but that doesn't happen multiple games in a row and teams where everyone knows their role and don't make many mistakes are dangerous

I take peace in knowing that our team will be it's best when our best players are fultz, isaac, bamba, and ag. In that order. Right now our best are vuc and Fournier. Developing good work habits and culture. In two years well be playoff locks from game 1 of the season. Book it!

• Upvote 2

37 minutes ago, Magicfan1987 said:

I take peace in knowing that our team will be it's best when our best players are fultz, isaac, bamba, and ag. In that order. Right now our best are vuc and Fournier. Developing good work habits and culture. In two years well be playoff locks from game 1 of the season. Book it!

Yep, can’t take it much longer. Imagine paying Vooch what he wants, then we’re committing 40 mill min to Vooch and Fournier. Trust our front office will do the right thing. 

9 minutes ago, harley said:

Yep, can’t take it much longer. Imagine paying Vooch what he wants, then we’re committing 40 mill min to Vooch and Fournier. Trust our front office will do the right thing. 

I really hope you are right.  What message would it send to fans signing vooch to a long bloated contract?  That we are commited to chasing mediocrity?

1 hour ago, ?4thewin said:

It's so weird that we needed 3 wins in these last 6 games to stay on schedule and we did it the most difficult way possible. 

Yeah, we really need to get it together. 3 impressive wins and 3 completely inexcusable losses all within a 9 day span. Exhausting

3 hours ago, Jay Magic said:

Currently, this is the most frustrating thing about this team. This stat says it all. On top of that, it felt for a stretch they had figured some things out, and that still may be the case overall, but you can't solidify a playoff spot if you can't beat the Knicks and Cavaliers. They have played well against better teams, but still find ways to lose against the worst in the league. And, I could figure it out if I sat and thought about it, but I don't really want to at this point. I'd rather just see positive actions lead to positive results. Onward and upward.

12 hours ago, Magicfan1987 said:

We need to temper expectations with Fultz.  We dont even know for sure if he's damaged goods.  If his ailments are mental and he can't shake the yips we are in for a disappointing journey.

I believe Vuch is more valuable to us right now than Gordon.  Sure Gordon can be a beast defensively but he is an absolute ball hog and offense killer.  I'm growing tired of him dribbling out of control,  forcing bad shots leading to fastbreaks, and all those desperate isolation moves that only seem to rack up offensive fouls. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1