The Neighborhood Bully

2018-19 Official Season Discussion Thread

Just now, Soul Bro said:

Great list. Thanks. The ones that hurt to me are...

2015 - Choosing Hezonja over Booker. Booker was begging to come to Orlando, and Mario was known to have attitude issues.

2016 - The trade of Dipo and Sabonis for Ibaka. Hated it then and hate it now. And I never thought we should of had to add Sabonis to the deal.

2018 - The verdict is still out but I think we might regret not choosing Sexton or SGA over Bamba.

Yeah we all hated that deal but assuming it was gonna happen anyway, why did we have to add a lottery pick? Inexcusable!

And then when Henny made the trade to Toronto he got back the worse of 2 first round picks. I know we didn't have much leverage but cmon.

That one tiny part of that whole mess is huge because the new regime seemed to be all in on a player that went earlier and they traded that pick away!

So frustrating!

10 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

Because I think Sexton and SGA have as much upside at their positions as Bamba. All of them have meh stats this year, especially Sexton and Bamba because they play in very bad situations.

Sexton and SGA seem  to have the same limitations we saw before the draft. However, they are both starting and have a higher usage then Bamba.

Already Sexton has a higher 3 point and free throw percentage then most of the players we have been looking at lately.(.384 and .846).

Yes i saw the offensive, defensive ratings and Vorp. I still think Sexton is too small and more of a scorer then passer, but omg do we need some of the things he does!

All i keep hearing is Bamba is a few years away.Well after taking a front court player with a high ceiling, shouldn't we have taken a player that could start right now?

Sexton and SGA are starting right now!

The biggest setbacks of the entire rebuild in order have been

3) Signing Biyombo 4/68 when we already had Serge and Vuc on the roster and pigeon-holing AG in to exclusively playing the 3 instead of letting Serge play the 5.

2) Oladipo and Sabonis for Serge. We shouldn’t have chosen Evan over Victor, plain and simple.

1) In my opinion the worst move of the entire rebuild - Tobias Harris for Brandon Jennings and Ersan Ilyasova. I was in the camp of Harris getting dealt when we traded him, but we literally got nothing in return. No idea how Hennigan didn’t at least get a pick.

Hiring Skiles was the death knell.  All those miserable examples that followed were downstream effects of that decision. Martins taking over the hiring process destroyed overall plan. 

24 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

He was not just chucking shots in summer league. I’m talking about putting the ball in his hands more, not just shots. I guess u like Evan and vuch chucking shots. 

No, I'd like to see him shoot better than 41% and 28% from the floor on the looks he is given before forcing him to do more. Let him start knocking down shots consistently and gain confidence, and then build from there. 

I don't know where the Bamba pessimism is coming from. He's having the exact rookie season I told you guys to expect. The same type of rookie season that the majority of good starting big men have

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

I don't know where the Bamba pessimism is coming from. He's having the exact rookie season I told you guys to expect. The same type of rookie season that the majority of good starting big men have

I agree, but am concerned a bit about his motor. That is something you either have or you don’t; unless getting in better shape/strength makes a difference. He does appear to only be able to play the 5 which doesn’t make him as versatile.  

3 minutes ago, Magicpassion said:

I agree, but am concerned a bit about his motor. That is something you either have or you don’t; unless getting in better shape/strength makes a difference. He does appear to only be able to play the 5 which doesn’t make him as versatile.  

As versatile as who? He's a center, a stretch 5, and a rim protector...was anyone expecting him to be something more/else?

6 minutes ago, Magicpassion said:

That's what a rookie center looks like